Butt Implants / Back Lipo - Puerto Rico, PR

25yo no kids, I am 5'7 with full breasts and have...

25yo no kids, I am 5'7 with full breasts and have never had a backside so I finally decided to do it. The procedure was very painful but so far, worth it. Be prepared to have alot of patience, restlessnes, discomfort and swelling the first few days. I reccomend asking for strong pain medicine beforehand, the Tylenol with Codeine did nothing to soothe me.

Day 1 Post Op

The firs night after surgery was actually GREAT! I was home and was alert, able to walk around and in tolerable pain. I was unaware it was that the morphine hadn't worn off and the next day was a completely different story.

Butt Implants / Back Lipo - Puerto Rico, PR

FIRST WEEK POST-OP HELL

The 2nd and 3rd day after the surgery were honestly the toughest for me. The first week, please keep in mind I was only taking Tylenol w Codeine and I consider my pain tolerance is not the highest. I was extremely UNCOMFORTABLE because I was not able to walk around for more than 15+ min and I was tired of laying on my stomach at the same time. I was surprised what bothered me the most was actually the pain from lack of circulation on my elbows and knees, and back pain. Ugh. Then feeling like a bloated mess with no shower. It was rough! LOL The only position I found comfort in was on all 4 while on the bed.

SECOND WEEK POST OP! I SEE THE LIGHT!

After that tough first week, I was prescribed Percoset and that made a WORLD of difference. I was able to walk, practice sitting a little and slept much better. My drains were taken out (after one came out on its own) & that has made MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!! I think the drains make the first weeks much more ANNOYING than the actual surgery. After the drains are out, I am sitting, driving, walking and feeling AMAZING. I am taking it easy but I feel a bit more normal :) and am still swollen but can't wait to see the final results. Only complaint is getting used to wearing this damn faja all day ;) surgery was sooooo worth it!!

EXTRA GOODIES/INFO -

Just a tip, I went to Fresh Mart prior to the surgery and bought "Arnica Montana" in TABLET form. SUPER HELPFUL with muscle soreness and bruising. It's about $13 and natural. You throw a couple under your tongue and voila! I also religiously take "Mega Collagen-10" every night which is packed with Vitamins & Herbs. I also take "Guanabana" and switched to prenatal vitamins during healing (doesn't hurt since me and hubby are TTC also). All of those can be found @ Fresh Mart & the prenatals are from Walmart. I have heard mixed reviews about taking collagen BUT I have been told since I was 1 week post-op I look like nothing even happened and my doctor says my wounds look AMAZING. Just some extra info. I'm a big believer in vitamins ;) Also, watch some videos on Youtube about how the body heals itself through the MIND. Law of attraction, ok! I'm rambling. Happy Healing!
Dr. Portocarrero

The doctor has been absolutely amazing as well as the staff. Highly recommended and extremely personable. Very experienced. I feel like they are my family!