Made the Experience of Having Breast Cancer Tolerable - Pueblo, CO

This was my second go-round with breast cancer....

This was my second go-round with breast cancer. After my first diagnosis in 2002, I had a lumpectomy and radiation. It left a hideous scar, but I survived. I was diagnosed in 2010 with 2 different cancers in the other breast. I opted for a double mastectomy and reconstruction.

Dr. Merrin and his staff were professional and treated me with dignity. I'm not quite finished yet. I have my permanent implants and still need to get my nipples recreated, but so far, the results are fabulous. One of my implants was inserted through the old scar, and the hideous indentation is gone.

I'm not finished healing yet, but it looks better than it did after I healed from the firt bout with cancer. Not too much pain, and a farly easy recovery. I can't wait so see the final result. I highly recommend Dr. Merrin and his staff if you live in Southern Colorado.

Pueblo Plastic Surgeon

I work in health care administration (quality), so am very familiar with assessing office practices and proceedures. I've had plastic/reconstructive surgery twice, so I have doctors/practices to compare Dr. Merrin against. His practice employes competent, caring staff, from billing staff to surgical R.N's and BSN's, the office and surgery center are clean and inviting and it's in a residential area, so you can be "anonymous." The buliding blends in with the homes and there are no large signs to tell the world your're having work done. My experience with Dr. Merrin has made the experience of having breast cancer a second time somewhat tolerable. I see light at the end of the tunnel and after I lose a few pounds, I'm going to look pretty good in low cut clothes. Thank You, Dr. Merrin! (I wish I had photos to show. You don't think about that when you're dealing with a cancer diagnosis)