Post-Rhinoplasty: To Freak Out, or Not to Freak Out? That is the Question - Providence, RI

Hello all, I am a 22 year old woman, just having...

Hello all,
I am a 22 year old woman, just having undergone my first rhinoplasty on May 14th, 2013. I have had many concerns since the cast removal (I was thereafter re-splinted). When seeing my nose, I thought it looked pretty good from the front profile. I wasnt in love with it, but it looks smaller, straight, and the tip is cute and small. However, from the side, my nose looked HUGE (in my opinion). The bridge of my nose makes it look like a beak! is it possible that the unsettled tissue and/or swelling is causing the bridge of my nose to appear bigger than the final result will be? due to the new narrow-ness to my nose, the side profile being large makes it look even worse. I am terrified that I will hate my nose and need a revision.

Looking forward to ANY advice. I have been on this website for the past few days scanning all the rhinoplasty posts trying to make myself feel better. Please help. Thank you.

Hi there and thank you for sharing on RealSelf!

It's really hard to give you any feedback without photos. Can you post some (even with your eyes blurred out)?

Remember that at 10 days out you're probably still really swollen. I truly hope everything settles into place and that you eventually love your results.

bluecross blue sheild