20/20 Vision the Next Day

I got LASIK mostly because I finally had a vision...

I got LASIK mostly because I finally had a vision plan that got me a discount on it. After wearing glasses for nearly 15 years, it was well worth it.

Dr. P in Providence was fantastic. A little brisk, but with an attention to detail and precision that was exceptional. After meeting me only once, on my second appointment he immediately noticed I had had my hair trimmed. Next appointment was for the Wavefront scanning-I can only recommend Wavefront. I have friends who did the older methods of LASIK 10 years ago and still complain of problems with halos.

On the day of the LASIK, I was frightened, but the man before me in line for the O.R. was about 60 years old and told me it was the most fun he'd had with his clothes on. LOL. Surgery went fine, the scariest part was the eyeball pressure adjustment. I had 20/20 vision the next day. I was zealous in my following of the antibiotic/steroidal eye drops. Also I used artificial tears often in the three months after the surgery. (My operation was in November, a brutally cold and dry time for eyes anyway).

I highly recommend Wavefront for anyone with the cash and healthy eyes. I had never consistently worn contacts and had no underlying conditions. Even though I had larger than average pupils, my surgery went well. Highly recommend Dr. P.

Dr. Elliot Perlman

Great doctor who notices details...so important for LASIK surgery.