Pros/cons of Lower Face Lift and Neck Tightening

I had a lower face lift as I wanted to feel better...

I had a lower face lift as I wanted to feel better about myself. I didn't like the wrinkles in my neck and the jowls I had developed over my life. I am 75 years old and have a past with the sun due to swimming and golf.

I now have a "pointed chin" like I used to and my neck looks tight. I very much like the shape of my face BUT need to do something to the "now horizontal" wrinkles which were once vertical due to gravity. My plastic surgeon says to wait 2 months post surgery to review what do ie fillers/laser treatment or what.

The person who said to wait a while is quite right. It can take a few months for the swelling to go down depending upon the person and her/his age.
Thanks
Hang in there when face continues to swell and then subside. It takes 3-4 months for everything to go back to normal. My face felt very vulnerable with the feeling that it was going to split open too but that has totally gone and , as I said before, all is well!!
I had a face/necklift 2 months ago. I feel very disappointed and sad, crying a lot. My face continue swollen. Last Saturday felt much better almost no swelling and two days later the swelling is back again. A lot of swelling, it feels like if parts of my neck and face is ready to split open. Please, Would love to hear your opinion.Thanks
It is now 4 months post my lower face/neck lift. I was very pleased but still had some concern regarding a few dark spots and wrinkles on my face. My plastic surgeon suggested laser surgery which I completed a month ago. I am very very pleased with the results of these two procedures. The shape of my face and neck, loss of spots and wrinkles and quality of my skin is all I hoped for....and my doctor says it will continue to improve for the next several months. The loss of feeling/numbness in my ears is lessening and that pleases me too. All in all, I look great and it was worth it al!
What type of laser surgery did you have to correct the spots and the wrinkles?
I had my lower face lift nearly 3 weeks ago. I too find the feeling/numbness in my ears strange but my surgeon told me it could take anywhere from 3 weeks to several months for the feeling to come back...it's just individual. My face was swollen and lopsided for over a week but has now subsided and I'm very happy - it just takes time. I'm sure you'll be happy too once given time to heal. :)
Had a lower lace lift and my neck fixed 5 days ago. My main concern is the sides of my face are not even, plus I cannot feel my ears. It seems as If they do not belong on my face. It is the wierdest feeling; had I known I would not have gone through w it. Can anyone tell me if I will get over this numbness, and how long will it last? Will my face even out so it looks the same size, or did I ruin my face? Mt DR says is normal, but he has to keep me happy for now. Thanks
Did you ever regain sensation in your ears? I am having a similar problem 6 weeks after surgery/