Got Too Mutch Voluma?

I had read about Ulthera, and settled for an...

I had read about Ulthera, and settled for an appointment at Privatklinikken to see if this was somthing appropiate for me. I felt for doing something to fresh up a bit, not at big change.

At the clinic I spoke with a nurse. She studied my face, and informed me about the best prosedure for me. She ment that Ulthera alone wouldn't be enough, and suggested me to also inject some small amounts of Voluma beside my mouth and in the cheeks. I was skeptic about the filler, but she reassured me this was a very good product, and that the result would be great. She had done it herself, and she looket good. So I went for it.

When I met the doctor, right afterwards, the nurse told him what we had agreed on. The doctor was nice, and told me he had been working as a plastic sergion for 20 years, with a lot of experience on this field (this I also had read at the internet before the consultation). He told me he was a perfectionist concerned about the aesthetic and symmetry. I felt very confident. What at howler!

It felt like dr. Markusson injectet a lot of Voluma in my face. Much more than I expected, but then I do not know whats normal. I asked him how much Voluma he had been using, and he answered he didn't count (!), but that I got more than I had been paying for because he wanted a good result. Afterwards he performed Ulthera at parts of my face.

After the prosedure in the afternoon I was rushed out by the nurse, it was clearly closing time. I was told that I should not look at the details in my face before a week was passed. They would send me an e-mail with more information. I went to the bathroom at the clinic before I left. My face felt like a ball. I was red all over and looked like I had gained a lot of weight. It was a little bit worrying. I did not like my appearance, and especially not the swollen part over my mouth and along the nasolabial folds. I looked like a lion. The nurse, who was locking the clinic, repeted that I shouldt not look at the details in my face before a week. So I went home.

THE NEXT DAY
During the night I had slept on my back with extra pillows under my head, so that the swelling should calm. But in the morning I looked just the same. Just not as red as the first day. But now I discovered some lines at my jaws, both sides. As you kan see on the picture the lines is elevations on my skin. It must be where the canula went. I was still looking like a lion, and did not look natural at all. My cheekbones got a new appearance, elevated and angular. My face was less symmetric than before. I looked disfigured.

In the morning I sent an MMS to the clinic with pictures of my face asking if this only was a part of the recovering. No answer. In the afternoon I sent a new MMS and asked them to send me the before and after pictures the doctor had been taking. No answer. I tried to call them a couple of times, no answer. Late that evening I got an e-mail saying that the result I saw after the prosedure is how I am going to look! Luckily I didn't see that e-mail before this morning (day 2), otherwise I wouldn't be able too sleep.

DAY 2
Is today. Not looking any better. My face is bulky, I'm disfiguret, and regret I trusted the clinic. I have hard pumps under my skin, and I have sent the clinic an e-mail asking them to reverse the Voluma injection if I still look the same in a week. I have read at the internet that its possible. I have also examined the internet for information and experiences about Voluma. Is it getting any better or is this what I am going to look like? I only wanted a small change, not at big change. For now this is the biggest mistake of my life!
Dr. Marcus Eriksson

The nurse, who informed me about the prosedure, was accommodating. She assured me that this was the right thing to do, she had done it herself. The doctor was a polite person. They both made me feel confident.

Because the doctor couldn’t (?!?) tell. I asked him how many ml he injected, but he told me he didn’t count. Then I asked him what is usual to inject, and I believe he said 7-8 ml. The charge was a fixed price, it was a combination of Voluma and Ulthera.
No worries. I thought they maimed me but after 7 complete days I looked 10 years younger. Beauty cost and sometimes it means being ugly for a few days. FYI- If anyone asks you what happen; tell them you had an allergic reaction to so type of food. Happy Beauty
Thank you! Yes, the most of my face looks good now, and I’m very pleased with that. But after one month I still have those two bumps near my nasolabial folds… Not very big (1,0 x 1,5 cm), but even then not looking very good, it makes a slightly strange appearance of this area. It troubles me a bit. They are due to too much Voluma injected. I’m not sure what to do - just accept it like it is being happy with the rest of the result, or try to do something with it.
That looks like a strange technique they used and as far as I know it is not recommended for use in that area. Having it dissolved is not that easy either. Did they inject the product in the area where the lines are, it may have been injected too superficially..How is it looking now?
This area looks good now. The lines are gone, they were due to the Ultera treatment. I’m not sure all the places the product were injected…
Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf.  I've never seen lines like that either, but I have seen redness and swelling in a lot of other reviews.  I really would give it a week before you make any final decisions.  I'm not trying to discount your feelings at all and I know you are stressed out about what you are seeing right now, I would be too.  I hope your face starts to look better soon, please keep us informed on how things go for you.
Thank you! Yes, you are right. :-) Now it's a week since the performance and I'm looking a lot better! :-) The swelling is almost (?) gone, and the lines as well. It is a slight difference between my cheekbones, but they are not angular anymore. I still have a bump on each nasolabial fold, but I hope this also is swellings which will disappear in a few more days, because it don't look very natural right now. But I'm a lot happier now! Maybe all this is common after injecting Voluma, but this the clinic should inform their patients thoroughly about. Not letting them stick with a lot of questions unanswered, making the patiens completely stressed.
I'm so glad the marks are getting better!  Yes I agree that every clinic/office should be available for questions and should make sure to explain the healing process.  Keep us posted on the swelling and bumps.
It looks to me that the doctor didn't inject deep enough...I have had the cannula method and it has never left lines on my face. I really feel for you but the saving grace is that it can be removed but I would definitely go to a different doctor who knows how to safely remove the Juverdem. Good luck to you!
After 5 days I sendt, as the clinic asked for in their mail, a new photo of my skin. The lines where then less visible. They mailed me an answer telling me that the lines are due to the Ulthera treatment. What a releaf! But this they easily could inform me about earlier, so that I could have been saved from a lot of anxiety. And thank you. :-)
Your face just looks red, not swollen. How many syringes did they use on you???
I don't know. I asked but didn't get an answer.
Charges are by the vial.....how can you not know how many you had?
Charges are by the vial.....how can you not know how many you had?