Don't Be Afraid of the Pain! - Princeton, NJ

I gave this a thumbs up but don't actually know...

I gave this a thumbs up but don't actually know yet what the results are going to be as I just had the procedure today. I just turned 55 and have been considering a lower facelift for sometime but just never seem to have the work downtime. I did however want to do something proactive to see improvement in jowls / neck so I decided after much research on different options and a few consults to have ultherapy.

I really wanted to write a quick review, just to let folks know that they should not be put off by reviews indicating a high pain index to this procedure. I had lower face and to control pain took 3 motrin, a xanax, and had a few numbing injections around jaw area as doctor advised that it would really cut down on discomfort. I generally have a high pain threshold anyway, but took her advice on injections.

I have to say that other than a few slightly uncomfortable moments this was a walk in the park. Perhaps it really is about who does the procedure (the dr did it herself) but other factors (thinness of face, skin texture etc) probably also contribute. As a matter of fact it was so not a big deal that I'm going back for full neck in a few weeks! I made it a point however NOT to have this done in an office where the doctor didn't perform the procedure, and in NJ there are quite a few where someone other than doctor administers.

Will update to see if there are actually any RESULTS (that is our end goal right?) over the next weeks, months, but if are hesitating based solely on pain, don't let that stop you for a minute.
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Online through list of ulthera providers.

Now that you are a year out, how are your results.
Hi Christina. Would you still recommend? Are you still seeing results? Did you ever consult with Dr. Pontell?
christina123, just wondering how things are going for you at this point. It's been a few months, have you seen any noticeable improvements? What do you think about the treatment so far? Thanks for sharing, it's so helpful to hear others experiences while so many of us are still waiting on our own results. Thanks, =)
Funny u should ask. Just thinking about this post. It's been 60 days & I see a definite improvement in lower face & I'm thrilled. My husband told me that I just keep looking younger :) bless his heart. But I truly believe there is a noticeable difference & considering doing neck. I still have some time to go before 'final results' but am impressed now. This will keep me off facelift for awhile.
Wow, so happy for you! And that is great to hear for the rest of us waiting. You're seeing improvements after 2 months huh? That's great. I'm almost at one month and I don't see any improvements yet, but I'm still hopeful. I just had my neck done, so I'll let you know how this does on the neck area. I'm sure you will continue to see improvements well into your 6th month, keep us posted and thanks! =)
I'm having this done in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up! My Dr is performing the procedure himself, too. I had 3 consultations for this and he was the ONLY one who said he does it himself. I was going to consult with the same Dr you used since she is close by where I live, too, but I found someone I really like in Colts Neck. Update when you can! I'd love to hear how you are progressing.
Christina, glad you got through it with little discomfort. I also had the same experience as you, except I had full neck done yesterday (hoping to go back for the face if this proves positive). An RN did mine, but she was very experienced and very knowledgable. She gave me valium and a shot of demerol which totally relaxed me. She also gave my lidocane shots in my neck (after numbing cream was put on) which totally numbed beneath the skin and helped tremendously. My experience was very pleasant apart from only a few very minor stings that were very tolerable. I'm 56 and wanted to treat the sagging neck, so now the waiting begins. I will also post my progress, can't wait to hear about your future results, thanks for sharing. =)