Didn't Last Long Enough...I Am Waiting for ELEVESS

I had a treatment with Prevelle Silk for my smile...

I had a treatment with Prevelle Silk for my smile lines. It only lasted 4 months! Before that, I had a treatment with Juvederm and it only lasted 3 months!!! I am so waiting for the new one called ELEVESS. It's supposed to be longer lasting than Juvederm (more cross-links??) AND it has lidocaine to help with the pain.

Who is the doctor who injected you in Texas.
I think you are referring to Evolence, now FDA approved for 12 month results. The Evolence Breeze (for lip injection) in not yet available or FDA approved for US. I had Prevelle Silk injected in my lips yesterday. No block or numbing cream. Only a couple of times did it really hurt and for some reason the lower lip was more sensitive than the top. I would recommend using the numbing cream for most people. I love the results-no swelling so what you see is what you get so no downtime. Only one small bruise but I am an easy bruiser so that was not unexpected. Great product.
I would not recommend Elevess. Too many people with adverse effects. Juvederm is a great filler, so is Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, and Evolence.
Upon more research Elevess actually has a high incedence of "nodules' like 60% in the studies. A plastic surgeon in Reno treated 3 patients with it and got horrible reactions. It also has sulfites in it too and I am allergic to those, no more red wine for me. I am sticking with what works every time. Restylane is so predictable. New is not better for sure! I am not willing to risk my face for sure. Good luck to you all!
My experience with one patient with Elevess was a good one. Minimal bruising. I injected without any topical or mixing with lidocaine with minimal discomfort. Elevess may swell slightly more than the other HA's though. Don't know anyone off hand in Houston.
Thank you. I looked at Anika and it appears they have a long history of creating hyaluronic preparations for the medical field. I suspect that they know this technology. Can't wait to try Elevess! Do you have any recommendations for practitioners/(good injectors) in Houston?
Elevess is made by Anika Pharma and has a marketing arrangement with Artes Medical (Artefill). Originally, the marketing arrangement was with Galderma (maker of Pliaglis and skin medications) but through a mutual agreement, they decided to split from one another.
Doesn't the same company that makes Artefill, sell Elevess?
I add lidocaine to all my fillers so having it added by the company it not a huge plus. Unfortunately, there are some rapid metabolizers of HA. In those cases, I try switching to Radiesse which is Calcium based. The jury is still out for Elevess. A no name company is producing it. I'm doing my homework as we speak. I've used it once and had very good results without any topical. I know it causes slightly more temporary swelling than all the other HAs.
I had Juvederm injections in my tear trough area 3 months ago and still have some minor bruising and swelling, but it continues to look a little better every day; I use plenty of cover-up and started taking Vitamin K along w/arnica montana pellets and gel. I am scheduled for a Lip Filler treatment tomorrow & my plastic surgeon suggested Prevelle, mainly because I bruise so easily. Do you think this is a good suggestion? If not, what would you recommend? I just want a little fullness, nothing exaggerated. Also, is numbing cream really necessary? Or is icing enough?
Why don't you try Restylane or Perlane. I have had both of them and got nice results. I havent heard anything aout elevess- will need to do my research, lidocain sounds nice though
I have tried both Restylane and Perlane and they don't seem to last any longer than Juvederm. ELEVESS definitely sounds promising...most cross-linked and highest concentration of HA AND its got lidocaine for pain!!
Prevelle is rated to only last 3 to 4 months, I don't understand the surprise Beautylicious?