I Think I Was Prepared: Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck

I think I was prepared pretty well for the surgery...

I think I was prepared pretty well for the surgery. My doctor explained the pain, I read message boards. I took 2 full weeks off from work and could have used another one. Would I do it again? Absolutely. It has been 3 years now and my tummy is not as tight as it was but it looks so much better than it did before the surgery. My clothes still feel good and look so much better. I have always watched what I eat and continue to do so. The breast aug was a great addition. It took me a long time to get used to the way they felt. I went from an A to a C which was perfect for me. Sometimes I wish I had gone a little fuller but I am small boned and probably did the right thing by taking the surgeon's advice. Yes, yes, yes. I would do it again. Was it easy. Absolutely not. Was it painful. Absolutely. It took about 2 months to feel like I could quit worrying about doing something wrong or hurting myself. I slept through the whole weekend after the surgery (mine was at 5AM on a Friday) I got up and walked several times a day and that was not fun. But it was all worth it to me. If you think this is easy, it is not. But I wanted it and I was determined that I would do well. I had a fantastic doctor and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Knoxville TN Surgeon

It has been three years since I had the surgery. I'm sure some of the trouble and pain has been forgotten over time. There is no doubt in my mind, given the same doctor and the same set of circumstances, I would do it again. I never have been a larger person and might have carried an extra 5-10 pounds around from time to time so I did not have the surgery to lose weight or to fix sagging muscles due to extreme weight loss. I felt like I looked as if I had been pregnant and that my abs never "snapped" back into place. I've never been pregnant, but my abdominals looked like they had been stretched and I was very self conscious about it. My clothes didn't fit well. Everything is so much better now. It is major surgery. It is risky surgery and should not be taken lightly. I was 50 years old when I had it and I feel better about my body now that I have ever felt.
How do you feel now after a few more weeks?