Weight Loss & Breast Reduction - Prairie Village, KS

Has anyone had this dilemma? I had the...

Has anyone had this dilemma? I had the consultation with my surgeon during which she told me I needed to lose about 25 lbs before surgery. She took pictures and submitted them to my insurance company, and I was approved. I have lost about 12 lbs, and now the surgeon's office is telling me if I lose too much weight in my breasts, she can't do the reduction. Can anyone say "Catch 22"?

Praying it all goes well! Sending good thoughts your way!
Thanks! I see my surgeon today @ 2:00 PM.
I would say that as long as your insurance company approved the BR that there is no reason that your PS should deny you the surgery. You might ask your PS "WHY". It is true that it is always best to be within normal BMI range but this is mostly to avoid problems associated with being overweight , like high blood pressure, breathing problems,and diabeties. All these things as well as many more can cause problems with anasthesia and recovery healing. If you have none of these problems and or your family Dr. ( NOT YOUR PS) says you are cleared for surgery than there is no real reason that you should HAVE to loose weight first. Your PS should not be requireing you to loose weight if your family DR. and your insurance company have already approved the BR at your current weight. My PS told me that if I WANT to loose weight to make sure I loose it before the surgery, but he certinally did not ask me to. I weighed 242 and now 225-227 My surgery is on May 25th . Maybe your PS is under the impresion you are wanting to loose weight and so they are telling you to loose it first ?????? Good luck.
The1st thing my surgeon said to me at our 1st consultation was that I needed to lose 25 lbs to promote healing. She didn't say she wouldn't do the surgery if I didn't, but she also said nothing about it affecting the surgery if I lost too much in my breasts. I only found this out through her nurse after about 2 months. I have gone from 180 to 165. I see the surgeon tomorrow to hash this out. Although I did want to lose weight, it was definitely the surgeon's idea to do it before the surgery, not mine. I'm still very conflicted, so hopefully we can resolve this tomorrow.
Thanks for your input.
Thats a tuff one! I worried about that! But the doctor never said anything! I have a lot more to loose but cant do a lot because of the pain in shoulders, back and neck! I would call and talk with PS and see whats going on! Good luck!!

Wow! That seems a little crazy. Did you get a surgery date? On the other hand...congrats on the weight loss! It is hard to get off and you got halfway there! What size are you starting at? Do you know how much the insurance company is requiring you to have removed?