Don't Despair - Your Lip Swelling Will Go Down! – Poughkeepsie, NY

I have gone to the RealSelf boards over and over...

I have gone to the RealSelf boards over and over for support, so now it's my turn! Ten days ago I had Juvederm injected in to my vermillion to treat vertical lip lines. I walked out with duck lips and was completely freaked out.

After 48 hours the immediate swelling had gone down to the point that I felt like I could stop hiding from the general public. However, I was certain that anyone who knew me well would spot it immediately, so I continued to not make eye contact and "hide" as much as possible. Every time I caught a glance of myself in the mirror my heart would sink ... what had I done?! It wasn't completely different , but it was just enough that I clearly looked like I had "work" done. Any day now, a bold someone would ask the dreaded question. For the next week, I went back and forth about going back to the doctor to see if he could undo the mess I had created for myself. I am so glad I didn't because 10 days out I can honestly say I look like me (only better) and I can look people in the eye again! While my lips look fuller and the vertical lines are gone, I don't look like I had "something done".

So hold tight! Don't despair! Claim you have a cold sore, you bit your lip or make up some other bull$hit story. A little over a week later, you will not have that sinking feeling any longer and be proud of your decision. Cheer up, I was where you are and I PROMISE it will get better. :)
Albany Plastic Surgeon