Don't Despair - Your Lip Swelling Will Go Down! – Poughkeepsie, NY

I have gone to the RealSelf boards over and over...

I have gone to the RealSelf boards over and over for support, so now it's my turn! Ten days ago I had Juvederm injected in to my vermillion to treat vertical lip lines. I walked out with duck lips and was completely freaked out.

After 48 hours the immediate swelling had gone down to the point that I felt like I could stop hiding from the general public. However, I was certain that anyone who knew me well would spot it immediately, so I continued to not make eye contact and "hide" as much as possible. Every time I caught a glance of myself in the mirror my heart would sink ... what had I done?! It wasn't completely different , but it was just enough that I clearly looked like I had "work" done. Any day now, a bold someone would ask the dreaded question. For the next week, I went back and forth about going back to the doctor to see if he could undo the mess I had created for myself. I am so glad I didn't because 10 days out I can honestly say I look like me (only better) and I can look people in the eye again! While my lips look fuller and the vertical lines are gone, I don't look like I had "something done".

So hold tight! Don't despair! Claim you have a cold sore, you bit your lip or make up some other bull$hit story. A little over a week later, you will not have that sinking feeling any longer and be proud of your decision. Cheer up, I was where you are and I PROMISE it will get better. :)
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  I'm glad the duck lips went away and were just swelling, and that you like your results.  Do you know how many vials you had injected?
Albany Plastic Surgeon