31, Just Had Restylane in Tear Troughs

I am 31 and recently (just over 2 weeks ago) had...

I am 31 and recently (just over 2 weeks ago) had restylane injections for my tear troughs. I went to an Ocuplastic Surgeon in the UK. People were always telling me I looked tired/run down - my eye bags/dark circles were really quite deep and made me look exhausted.

The procedure itself was ok (nearly 1 full syringe in each eye) however I had considerable swelling and bruising afterwards. Bad swelling lasted about 5 days and bruising for just over a week. Now that things are settling down and 'socking in' I am starting to look better however I am not totally happy with what I am seeing now.

My tear troughs are definetely MUCH better however there are contour irregularities (made worse by fact i seem to be retaining fluid) which although not asthetically great I can live with. Main problem is that I have darkness/bruising (slight in-dents)on my cheek area that although you cant really see in natural light is terribly noticeable under certain lights - looks like I've been punched.

Follow up appointment with Surgeon the other day - he says that he felt the treatment was a success and that he picked up under skin bruising I was talking about with a different flash on his camera - he says this will go away... fingers crossed because I am getting married in 5 weeks and feel upset at the thought of my pictures picking this up or the idea of long term damage to tissue/blood vessels?

Not true on the hydrolase. It does in fact dissolve your own hydraulonic (sp) acid. That is what people are mistaking for their own tissue and fat. I had under eye filler, it looked like absolute hell, I had it dissolved and some didnt go away but I stopped after the 2nd attempt to dissolve because even the dr, who at least had the decency to admit that much, said it can dissolve my own hydrolaunic acid and leave pits or cause the skin to go flater, lose that plumping and then of course it forms wrinkles. all true. I wish people would stop lying about this. I know they are getting bad info but it is a fact that it is not oh no big deal. a lot of drs on this site lie because they say oh, have th idiot dr dissolve it and then basically are telling you they are somehow better so try again. they are on here after all to drum up business which is fine but they are dishonest, some of them. to give youj an example I saw one person on here who has answered a lot of questions and I am pretty young and she told me to go get a face lift. I am not kidding. I have no wrinkles or sagging or anything at all. I just have dark circles . so be very very careful. our vanity is really screwing most of us!
I just had restylane injected into my eye troughs 5 days ago. I see a noticeable difference in one eye but the other is extremely bruised. The PS did have to apply pressure to distribute on that eye but I can't wait for the bruise to subside so I may reap the full benifits!! I am very pleased so far and would reccomend!!
FB I had restylane in my upper lip along with a surgical procedure. I ended up with a bump under my lip. I researched and found this is not uncommon and would go away with time. I waited for weeks just to make sure it wasn't just swelling associated with the procedures. It did not go away. I finally had my PS inject with hyaluronidase. It actually took more than one round (my body really hangs onto restylane). It finally took with no resulting damage for me. Good luck

Professional Ocuplastic Surgeon specialising in rejuvenation with dermal fillers.