Post Treatment Pain and Body Shape - Portsmouth, NH

I am 5'4", 150 pounds, aged 44. My weight has...

I am 5'4", 150 pounds, aged 44. My weight has fluctuated between 140 and 155 for the last 20 years, but I noticed as I got older, that my stomach flab was worsening, even as the scale has remained at 150 for over 5 years. I decided to give Cool Sculpting a try, since I have good, tight skin. I think the most important part of this process is go in with realistic expectations. I also read a number of posts complaining about horrible post-procedure pain, and I think I've figured out what causes this in some people.

If you read carefully, the people who seem to be suffering the most are petite, with a small bulge to lose in the abdominal area. I think, when the suction begins, that quite a bit of muscle on these people gets sucked in as well. On me, I had more than enough fat to fill the machine. I had the procedure done on Thursday, on my lower abdomen and one my flanks. The ab area is quite sore, but more like the feeling that someone is persistently pushing on a bad bruise. I have not had any trouble sleeping. The area swelled significantly; I am wearing tights at the moment and look about 4 months pregnant. However, I expected all of this. BEWARE of any office that tells you that you won't feel uncomfortable afterwards.

As for the procedure itself, initially you feel uncomfortable pinching, but after about five minutes, that goes away. Again, I have to stress that your pain is probably going to be worse if the area you do is mostly muscle with a little fat.

I had my back done yesterday. Same bruising/discomfort as the sides. Very uncomfortable in the abdomen yesterday (day 5), and my doctor told me his pain was the worst @ day 5 & 6. Nurses in the office who had the procedure agreed--the lower ab pain is the most significant at that time frame. Better today though, @ day 6, and I've put on jeans no problem.