Coolsculpting - My Journey to Recover My Stomach - Portsmouth, NH

I am a 48 year old woman, 5'6" tall and 148 lbs. ...

I am a 48 year old woman, 5'6" tall and 148 lbs. After having two 10 lb babies my stomach has never been the same even with diet and exercise. I am only 8 lbs from goal weight, and I do not see how my stomach will be what I want. So I went for a consultation for coolsculpting and Dr. Ballentyne said I was an excellent candidate for the procedure.

I arrived 10 minutes early, feeling anxious about my decision to undergo the cool sculpting procedure. Once I made the appointment, I found more and more negative reviews about the procedure, so I was concerned. I was taken into the treatment room about 10 minutes later than my scheduled time which made my anxiety slightly worse. I was having two large tip treatments on my lower abdomen and one smaller tip on my upper abdomen. Once I changed, Dr. Ballentyne came in to with the placement lines for the procedure. Once done, the clinical technician took over. When she placed the cooling gel on my abdomen it was an initial shock at how cold that was on my skin. She then placed the large tip on the cooling gel and my abdomen was sucked into the machine. I had excellent placement of the fat in the tip. It was hard to breathe but within a few minutes I became comfortable. I read on my iPad for the next 60 minutes. When the procedure was over, she released the suction and revealed a very red, "stick of butter" as she called it. It was more like two sticks of butter and she massaged it smooth. She let me touch the area and yes, I could feel a change to the inside of my stomach, crystal like feeling to the fat cells. We proceeded through the remaining two sessions. I was at the clinic for slightly over 4 hours. Dr. Ballentyne saw me before I left and warned me that I would be very sore because I had such good results from the treatment.

As I drove home I started noticing the tingling in my lower abdomen. I took Advil after arriving home and proceeded to rest. The afternoon turned to night and my stomach became very swollen and a stinging pain occurred. It was tolerable but unsettling. Trying to sleep was nearly impossible. My stomach hurt feeling numb, tingling and like I had been punched. Having 2 c-sections, this was nothing compared to the recovery from them, but it was still quite painful.

24 hours post procedure, my stomach is huge! Looks like it did when I was 6 months pregnant. I have taken photos every day and will post when I'm closer to results.

Day 3, my upper abdomen is starting to go down slightly, but my lower abdomen is a giggly jelly belly filled with fluid. I continue to take Advil for the swelling and drinking a lot of water. Yoga pants are my clothing of choice since there is no way I could get my jeans over the swollen lower abdomen.

I'm optimistic I will have a good result.
I agree with you because no pain no gain. We can't say that this is painless because after taking it it turns into nightmare, only solution is to take prescribed medicine fir nerve pain which will help you a lot in recovery.
I can actually say it's painless. ;o)
Take Arnica tabs for the swelling. Ask your Dr for a script for Neurontin, in case you develop nerve pain when you start to defrost day 4/5.

Day 4

My lower abdomen continues to be very swollen. My upper abdomen is tender but seems to be fine. My stomach is numb, sore, not painful. I'm hopeful the swelling will subside over the next few days. I'm certain it's so swollen because the procedure went so well in that area. Other reviewers said they were swollen as well so I'm not concerned....yet!

Day 5

Worst day so far. I went back to work today but had to call the doctor because of the swelling and burning pain. They wanted me to come in to the office so the doctor could take a look. They were really great! I saw the doctor and he reiterated that because I had such good results, I would experience a lot of soreness and swelling. He examined my stomach and was very pleased with the way it appeared. Basically to take it easy, and get through this week. I decided to call it a day at work and went home to rest.

Day 6 & 7

Horrible pain, no sleep and nausea for the past 2 days. The pain can only be described as a burning pain, but that's not fully it. I'm disappointed that I did not fully prepare for this type of recovery. I never planned any days out of work, yet, I have been unable to put in any form of a day at the office. I can only hope that the results are what I am expecting. The good news is that I don't seem to be gaining any water weight with all the swelling. Being optimistic!
Does anyone know if Cool Sculpting can actually do the reverse of what it's supposed to do? Because my stomach actually looks bigger.
Try taking Arnica montana pills to reduce any residual swelling. Are you eating healthy/exercising? Any weight gain?
Mine was really bloated the first few days.

Day 15 - Almost Pain Free

Two weeks ago I had my procedure. I am still experiencing some burning pain with the first treatment site, however, nothing like it was last week. I still have the soreness in my upper abdomen and can feel the same soreness in my mid section. My stomach is back to a normal size and I do not see any improvement yet. I am also on Weight Watchers and did lose weight this week, but I'm certain it's due to diet, not the procedure. I'm optimistic that things will start to show a good result. My stomach is not flat like most of the photos that are posted on this site. I have a pouch from my large babies and my goal was to reduce this pouch. My skin is also not tight, stretch marks for sure. So I'm not expecting amazing flat stomach, skin tightening, results, just a reduction of the pouch. The one thing to remember is that some people do experience pain, burning pain that keeps you from doing your daily activity. So plan accordingly for the worst case scenario if you are going to undergo this procedure. I didn't, which caused a problem with my work and my family. I'm still optimistic that I will see a good result. Once I am closer to results, I'll post the photos.
I'm also a strict Weight Watcher & never lost any weight from the procedure. Just a flatter tummy & smoother thighs! Skin there looks like crepe paper though.

7th Week - Seeing Results

I'm almost at 7 weeks since my procedure. I'm definitely seeing a reduction in fat and feel so much better about my pouch. The downside is the loose skin. I'm hopeful that exercise will help this and even if it doesn't, it's so worth the results. I haven't had a lot time to really work out for the past 7 weeks, so I'm fairly certain if I get back on track that will get me to where I need to be. I still have a slight tingling sensation, but other than that, I'm back to normal. Still doing weight watchers and have lost more weight. Over the next 5 weeks I am told I will see the full results. I can't wait!

Loose Skin - 11 Weeks Post Procedure

I am finally seeing the results, but unhappy with the lose skin. I think I may need a second procedure since I have 3 waves on my stomach from the 3 procedures done. I'm thinking this is worth it after looking at my before pictures, but still, it's a harsh reality to see the skin at this point. Yuck. So I've uploaded my beginning photo, one 2 days after the procedure, one several more days later, then just last week and today. My stomach swelled tremendously which you can see in the second and third photos. I'm happy that I did it, just not quite sure I like the "naked" results.
How many inches did u lose?
I've lost over 2 1/2 inches from him hip/abdomen area. Only about 1/2 an inch in my natural waist area, but I'm happy with the lower abdomen. I may have another procedure in the fall, but my focus now is on really tightening my abs with cardio and weights.
Wow! You and I seemed to have opposite results! While I lost a little bulk, my skin tightening was the most drastic result. Still, as someone who struggles with bulk myself I know that at least must be a relief! You lost so much!!
Dr. Mark Ballentyne

Dr. Ballentyne was very friendly and answered my questions. I felt he informed me of the procedure. The clinical technician, who I spent the most time with was exceptional. I'm just horrible with names and wish I took note of her name tag.