Excellent Result - Portland, OR

I needed a major septorhinoplasy to correct an...

I needed a major septorhinoplasy to correct an injury which happened as a result of being kicked in the face, and knocked out by my dying horse last June.

The ER in the town where I live failed to diagnose the extent of my injuries and their ENT also failed to do any studies nor intervention. By the time I got a CT scan it was past the 1 week period to fix my injury, so I had a displaced, deformed nose, with a crushed airway that was 90% obstructed on the left, with bone fragments and 30% obstructed on the right. It had to remain that way for 9 months until my surgeon could do the septorhinoplasty with ear cartilage grafts to rebuild my airway. This was done at the end of March.

The surgeon did an excellent job by repairing all the damage, repositioning my nose and rasping down the fragments and lumps. My breathing immediately improved and my nose is straight again. I also used an aque cool after my procedure for 7 days. There was no bruising and minimal swelling. It helped my healing to have the aque cool unit. Most important my surgeon had amazing precision in his work and left minimal evidence of all he had to do. My breathing is normal again and my face looks great.

Just past 100 days post surgery. Continuing to...

Just past 100 days post surgery. Continuing to heal well from surgery. Tip area still swollen to some degree and lacking its usual definition and there is some numbness remaining in the area, all this is normal as it heals. Breathing and function remain excellent. I can really feel the difference exercising where I step up my respiration rate in speed swimming, ballet, or swordwork. All of these were compromised terribly with the injury. Stamina has improved considerably with all workouts. Will add more info 3 months past this update.
Also for clairification purposes, my cost was the total cost I spent to correct my injury, this included my seeing three different facial reconstructive surgeons to determine the extent of the damage and what to do about it, as well as treatment for pain and swelling. My actual surgical procedure cost was a part of this number.
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Wang explained how damaged my nose was after the traumatic injury and told me I would need surgery to repair the damage. I had been to two other facial reconstructive surgeons and the one who was treating me wanted to wait an entire year.I was frantic after not brething normally for months. He referred me to Dr. Wang who ultimately did my surgery. He was an advocate for me when my insurance company denied my procedure and ultimately we got it approved in time to do the surgery at the end of March. His staff at OHSU was helpful and went above and beyond. His surgical team was excellent, the anaesthesiologist was careful to use a drug combination that would not nauseate me. The nurses were caring and made me feel safe and unafraid. My aftercare was excellent.Dr. Wang and his staff did an excellent job and I have an excellent result to show for it.

wow that story is crazy. sorry about your horse :( and sorry about you too but you look beautiful now. your surgeon did a great job
You are a beautiful woman !
Oh my God! This is one of the most extreme stories I've ever heard. I am so happy you were finally correctly diagnosed I can't imagine how terrifying the injury, misdiagnosis, insurance woes and sheer scale of the surgery had to be for you to shoulder all that time. Thank you for such a well-crafted review. Really, really happy everything turned out so well!

P.S. You still look like Jane Seymour despite a bandaged, bloodied, post-op nose!

Thank you for posting your story on RealSelf. I'm so sorry you were kicked in the face by your horse! What a trauma. I'm glad you were able to get this fixed up and that you're happy with your results. Would love to see some photos once you're healed!

I do have two shot recently, how do I post them?