32 Severe Breathing Problems - Portland, OR

Dr. Wang came highly recommended by another...

Dr. Wang came highly recommended by another fabulous doctor, Dr. Kaplan. I am 32 and have suffered from breathing problems since childhood. My nose collapsed each time I took a deep breath and I had overgrown turbinates. To top this all off I had a large Italian nose with a large hump. Dr. Wang most importantly corrected the inside of my nose (using an ear graph), and now my airways are open. He also trimmed the turbinates. He was able to file down the hump on my nose and refine the nasal tip. When I went back to work some people really noticed, while others weren't able to put their finger on what was different about me. I definitely don't have a Barbie nose, but he made it fit my face so I still look like me, only much better! His staff is amazing too! Originally they booked my surgery at OHSU, but my insurance only covered at Providence (he's a preferred provider with them too). The staff quickly corrected it and I was able to keep the original surgery date! His after care has been great and September I will be going back for a small filler to touch up one area! I am so happy I had this surgery, it's improved my quality of life plus my appearance. I wish I would have done this earlier in life.

Additional Information

Dr. Wang does not pack noses after surgery. Once they took the cast off (for me it was one week after surgery, most people do see they're doctor the day after, but I live in Salem so I waited for my after visit), I was able to really see the results. However because my nose wasn't packed, I was dealing with a messy nose. Looking back I wish I would've left it alone instead of constantly sticking a q tip in there! The swelling in my tip, I believe was caused during that week. However in September I will be getting a touch up and a cortisone shot for my tip. I will post pictures then. My results are really amazing. And honestly the pain was nothing compared to having my children (that's how I measure my pain level, so far childbirth has beat out everything!). I would do it again in a heart beat!
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very comforting and confident.