Exactly What I Wanted - Portland, OR

I wanted to look less tired, and lift my face a...

I wanted to look less tired, and lift my face a bit without really looking like I did anything. That is exactly what Ultherapy did for me.

I was given Ultram, a non-narcotic to control discomfort and it was just right. I could feel it but the only part that I would say was hard to get through was the eyebrow area. I was guided through that short part with breathing and that made it not so bad.

It's been 2 weeks today and I can tell that it will only get better from here. I'm 43 and wanted both something to help with trouble areas now and also to be preventive. Looks like I picked the right thing!

I was told to expect to be sore under the skin for awhile... my jaw muscles feel like they've been through boot camp, and my cheeks are still sensitive to the touch.

Key Laser, Heidi, RN

I had a consult with Dr. K. He talked to me about multiple options, but highly recommended the Ulthera. I had a groupon so I had $400 off, which is reflected in the price I paid. It was $2,200 (minus 400) for cheeks and jowls, then when I got there I asked to add eyebrows and they added $250 (discounted I think). When I went in Lisa and Heidi made me feel very comfortable and were very attentive. Lisa "before" pictures, then Heidi discussed pain meds with me. She said that every time someone didn't think they needed it and was talked into it they were glad, so I went ahead and was glad as well. I had to go back to work so the Ultram (I think I'm remembering the name right) was perfect. As with everything that is long-term, you have to pay the price, so I figure a little discomfort is worth it, but meds sure get you through it better. They also have you hold a tube that blows cold air on your face which diffuses the pain as well. There were a couple of times that I even forgot that the pain was there because we were chatting away. Anyway, I got a call the next day from Heidi to ask how I was doing and to let me know not to hesitate to call if I had any questions. I am very happy with Key Laser and how professional they are.

20/20 featured this procedure on their show last night. The gal said it felt like a million needles attacking her face, which reminded me of thermage. If you do it and they want to give you pain meds, take them. If you're a red head, be prepared for more pain than other folks.

Dana,

what is your rating now 4 months after???

thx

Hi danaejs,

Wow, two weeks and already seeing results AWE-some. Glad it is all working out for you. I'm glad your doctor gave you something for the pain. Based on your eyebrow area hurting more here is some info for next time from Ulthera, just some good facts to know, I like having extra info. Otherwise, I can't wait to hear how everything is in 3 months. Based on the positive experience thus far, will you have the procedure again in the future as needed? We like pictures! Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt