SmartXide is Fabulous - Portland, OR

I had this treatment done on my face almost two...

I had this treatment done on my face almost two weeks ago and the results are so much better than I'd expected! I'm 38yo and spent a lot of time in the sun until about 5 years ago. I had more wrinkles and spots than others my age and now I think I look more like I'm 30 than 38! Some of my lines are completely gone and others are significantly reduced. I've been told the results will continue to improve for 6-9 months and that collagen production doesn't begin to increase until 30 days post-treatment so I don't think I have any idea yet how much more my skin will improve.

I took two Tylenol and sat with numbing cream for about an hour, and the treatment was virtually painless (a little painful on my upper eyelids and upper lip).

I will say that the healing was not painful at all, but it was a bit worse than I had anticipated. I was incredibly swollen and red after the treatment and had pinpoint bleeding and pus, which was a tad frightening. The swelling was gone after about 3 days, and the redness is still lessening each day (it's perfectly fine enough to be in public now).

I had to apply Vaseline to my face for two days after the treatment, which looks and feels gross, and then on Day 2 I broke out in hundreds of milia around my mouth and nose. They began to clear up immediately and no other blemishes have surfaced but it was really awful looking for a week. The doc put me on doxycline just in case, but I don't think I needed it. Cold compresses need to be applied several times a day which is inconvenient, but essential, and the dry skin and peeling are quite unattractive. There was also significant itching from about day 3-5.

All that being said, the results are much better than I could've imagined, and I would absolutely do the treatment again.

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. K is a perfectionist and meticulous. It is obvious that he knows his craft inside and out, and that he takes pride in being the best he can be. I trust him implicitly.