SmartXide is Fabulous - Portland, OR

I had this treatment done on my face almost two...

I had this treatment done on my face almost two weeks ago and the results are so much better than I'd expected! I'm 38yo and spent a lot of time in the sun until about 5 years ago. I had more wrinkles and spots than others my age and now I think I look more like I'm 30 than 38! Some of my lines are completely gone and others are significantly reduced. I've been told the results will continue to improve for 6-9 months and that collagen production doesn't begin to increase until 30 days post-treatment so I don't think I have any idea yet how much more my skin will improve.

I took two Tylenol and sat with numbing cream for about an hour, and the treatment was virtually painless (a little painful on my upper eyelids and upper lip).

I will say that the healing was not painful at all, but it was a bit worse than I had anticipated. I was incredibly swollen and red after the treatment and had pinpoint bleeding and pus, which was a tad frightening. The swelling was gone after about 3 days, and the redness is still lessening each day (it's perfectly fine enough to be in public now).

I had to apply Vaseline to my face for two days after the treatment, which looks and feels gross, and then on Day 2 I broke out in hundreds of milia around my mouth and nose. They began to clear up immediately and no other blemishes have surfaced but it was really awful looking for a week. The doc put me on doxycline just in case, but I don't think I needed it. Cold compresses need to be applied several times a day which is inconvenient, but essential, and the dry skin and peeling are quite unattractive. There was also significant itching from about day 3-5.

All that being said, the results are much better than I could've imagined, and I would absolutely do the treatment again.

Hi steelers,

Thanks for doing a review on both your procedures. Yet again so happy this turned out so well for you. Vaseline, that is an important tip to share for the community. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. K is a perfectionist and meticulous. It is obvious that he knows his craft inside and out, and that he takes pride in being the best he can be. I trust him implicitly.