Lip Augmentation: StoriesWrite a Review
Everyone Wants Juicy Lips! - Portland, OR
- Worth It
- Cost: $500
- Michael M. Kim, MD (Portland, OR)
I got Restylane injections in my lips because...
- 11 Apr 2012
I got Restylane injections in my lips because although my bottom lip isn't small, my top lip wasn't the largest. I felt like because my eyes aren't huge it would look more attractive for my lips to pop. It also has improved my smile.
I thought about lip injections for about 2 years before going through with the procedure. I heard through the grape vine that Dr. Kim really knows how to make lips look attractive and Portland is not far from where I live. I feel much more confident in my lips after the procedure and all I need to wear not is lip gloss (versus lip liner.)
Things to remember:
1) Restylane hurts a bit- Dr. Kim gave me a pain block, I highly recommend it!
2) You will need to moisturize your lips more after getting the procedure done. I feel like my lips get more chapped unless I have lip gloss or chap stick on them frequently. I think this is because they are so big now. lol
3) There is about a day downtime. My face was a bit sore from the pain block the next day.
4) Go big or go home! I recommend not going "conservative" with this procedure. The reason is that your lips swell a bit after the procedure but they definitely go down after a few days and that is where the extra product comes helpful. Next time I think I will do at least 1 syringe and a half. I did about 1.2 this time.
5) Go to a doctor that knows lips. I have had friends get their lips done and you can't even tell the difference. Dr. Kim in this case knows what to do to make them look really nice.
My Doctor: Michael M. Kim, MD
Dr. Kim's office is in a very nice office in OHSU right off of the freeway (very convenient.) I think he has the best assistant that a doctor could ask for... Jeff. He rocks! Dr. Kim is super friendly and you can tell he really knows what he is doing. Jeff, Dr. Kim's medical assistant, was with me from the very beginning supporting me and holding my hand as Dr. Kim did the injections. What I really like about the doctor is that he actually understands what looks good. Too many doctors go too conservative with this procedure. The bigger the better because your lips go down!