I got Restylane injections in my lips because although my bottom lip isn't small, my top lip wasn't the largest. I felt like because my eyes aren't huge it would look more attractive for my lips to pop. It also has improved my smile.
I thought about lip injections for about 2 years before going through with the procedure. I heard through the grape vine that Dr. Kim really knows how to make lips look attractive and Portland is not far from where I live. I feel much more confident in my lips after the procedure and all I need to wear not is lip gloss (versus lip liner.)
Things to remember:
1) Restylane hurts a bit- Dr. Kim gave me a pain block, I highly recommend it!
2) You will need to moisturize your lips more after getting the procedure done. I feel like my lips get more chapped unless I have lip gloss or chap stick on them frequently. I think this is because they are so big now. lol
3) There is about a day downtime. My face was a bit sore from the pain block the next day.
4) Go big or go home! I recommend not going "conservative" with this procedure. The reason is that your lips swell a bit after the procedure but they definitely go down after a few days and that is where the extra product comes helpful. Next time I think I will do at least 1 syringe and a half. I did about 1.2 this time.
5) Go to a doctor that knows lips. I have had friends get their lips done and you can't even tell the difference. Dr. Kim in this case knows what to do to make them look really nice.