Laser Hair Removal has been a life saver! - Portland, OR

Laser Hair removal has always interested me. In...

Laser Hair removal has always interested me. In high school I was on the swim team and I grew tired of constantly shaving my bikini area! It was embarrassing to have red marks and stubble almost every day.. Or even worse nasty dark hairs coming out of your bathing suit! YUCK!
After my sister in law began treatments on her bikini area! I thought to myself why not I would love to feel free in my bathing suit! :)

My first experience was at a MedSpa clinic. I bought the deal after seeing a groupon that was within my price range. I received 6 treatments on the Brazilian area. After the treatments I would wait about 2 weeks and the hair would fall out! It was so cool to watch it disappear! After each treatment you are to wait 6-8 weeks for a new growth to come in. During this time I would see patches of hair which was at times a little odd looking. After my six treatments the hair slowly started to grow back. Not as much.. not as coarse.. but it was still there.

In March I decided to get another 6 treatments done on my Brazilian area, as well as a first round of 6 treatments done on my underarms. I am getting the treatments done at SIlkySkin Laser Center. I decided to continue laser hair removal therapy because my boyfriend and I are starting to think about marriage. And I would really like everything to be 'taken care of' down there.. I would hate to look patchy and uneven for our wedding night! Yikes!

Currently I have received two treatments on my bikini area and one treatment on my underarms.. My underarms were slightly soar for the day of treatment as well as a day after but now they do not pain me. The skin under my arms does feel slightly rougher though. I am sure the roughness will decrease once the hair fall out. My Brazilian bikini area is almost completely hair free! Only small patches of hair that are thin and light brown. After treatment, my skin has minimal amounts of redness lasting for about 2 hours which is way less time than most according to my technician.

I will keep everyone posted on my treatments; however, so far so good! I believe that most of my success with laser hair removal is due to the fact that I have pale skin and dark course hair. In addition to this I also do not expose my areas of treatment to any sunlight.. (for obvious reasons..) or UV lighting because currently I do not go bed tanning.

Today is one week since my treatment on my bikini...

Today is one week since my treatment on my bikini area and under arms. My under arms have been slowly loosing hair. After one week almost 100% of my right under arm is bare and the right has only a few patches after only one treatment! It feels SMOOTH! :O loving my results. My bikini area is also bare which I love. I am starting to think that I should get my legs done as well!
Norma

Groupon! :)

What s the machine used on you? what s your skin type?can you give us an idea about the cost of underarms, bikini... Thx!!!
see you very good advice on this link: http://nonohairremoval1.com/

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Sounds like your results are already really good! Is there any pain at all, during, or after, the procedure?

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

You are welcome for sharing! :) The treatments definitely DO NOT feel pleasant. That is for sure but they are completely tolerable. I would say I have pain tolerance that is slightly above average but it does make me squirm a bit during the zaps. The pain could be compared to small rubber bands snapping you quickly. Which in all honesty is harmless pain, just jolting. My technician zaps three times on my underarms and then breaks to help control the amount of pain. For my brazilian/bikini area the technician zaps consistently. I have had 7+ treatments on that specific area and the more treatments you have the less the pain!. After the procedure is done there is slight redness and inflammation but very very little pain if any for me.! Next appointment in about 4 weeks will keep you all posted!

Thanks for the updates. This kind of detailed information is really useful to the community!

I'll be looking out for your updates!