Not Worth It for Darker Skin Types - Portland, OR

It will be 2 years next April 2012 sine my laser...

It will be 2 years next April 2012 sine my laser repair. After a researching why my treatement was severely damage, I found out that the Fraxel repair I had done was not meant for my skin type... I am between 3-4. Polynesian ethnicity.

The company cannot be sued for false advertising etc. because they clearly state that Fraxel Repair is not meant for darker skin types, like Asians, Indians, Mexicans, and Black ethinicity. "All Aesthetic practitioners should know this and follow the restrictions but mine did not. Fraxel is not tolerated by patients with darker skin types. Neither CO2 nor Erbium work well on skin types V-VI and require caution."

The first 18 mos I had purple/bluish skin tone with a rough sandy feeling on my face, with very frequent acne breakouts that were more scarring with pigmentations. The laser also has created jowls around my jawline whereas I never had this. My skin is was always tight and lifted naturally.

The second year (Sept 2011) I saw a dermatologist in Los Angeles and she treated me with 2 topical bleaching and exfoliant creams, Obagi 3 and 4.(I have used these 2 together religiously every night). I can happily say that the damage done by Fraxel is resolved except the jowls. My derm did confirm that she strongly is against Laser treatements on my skin type.

My practitioner refunded 40% of my charge after I educated her and her staff about the restrictions on my skin type and she agreed that it was their mistake to sell me on the Fraxel Repair. Please try the Obagi 3 (Skin resurfacing and bleaching cream) and Obagi 4(Exfoderm) and you will feel 5 years younger in 2 months. You can purchase from a dermatologist office or online.

I have been following your posts with interest. Did you start the Obagi products at 18 months? So it took about 6 months to see improvement? Did you have texture problems(pin pricks/orange peel look) or just hyperpigmentation? I am at 18 months from a series of Fraxel restores. I still have pin pricks, crepey skin, lots of fine lines and diffuse redness all over. Thanks!

No patient testimonials were shared after multiple requests from me. The post of care and warnings were mailed to me and it arrived a day before my surgery. Cancellation would have cost me 30% of the total cost. I was not informed that it is not approved for my skin type.