Has Anyone Found Anything to Help with the Destruction of Skin After Fractional Laser - Portland, ME

I have posted here before. I had Pearl Fractional...

I have posted here before. I had Pearl Fractional done over 3 years ago and my skin has progressively (very fast for the past 2 years) become worse. Lines all over my upper lip and the chin area. Pin marks from the laser mostly on my chin and upper lip. You can still see the grid pattern on my face. The pin marks and lines don't look natural aging, they look odd. She said she turned up the laser because I had lines around my mouth. She also did 3 swipes across my face, which I now know she is not suppose to. The doctor who did this to my face refuses to acknowledge it. I don't know how she sleeps at night. Has anyone had anything done to help this such as a chemical peel? I have absolutely no self esteem left and I am embarrassed by the way I look.

Unhappy in South Portland, ME

She ruined my face. I look like I have aged at least 10 years. She was rude and never put herself in my place. I had been to her before for fillers.

Wow, you have been through a very difficult time. She does not sound board certified. If she is not, you do have a legal case. However, I can advise you that usually the MD wins the case or it is settled out of court if your claims indicate wrongdoing on her part. Otherwise, the only winners are the attorneys.
Thank you for your honesty and sharing your experience. Good luck with fat transfers to face. All the best
I have not received a single response from a doctor on this website. Not sure I am going to do the fat transfer, still looking into it.
That's discouraging in itself. I had 1 doctor reply to my question but i was expecting at least 3 expert opinions. Best Of Luck
I'm not surprised. None of them want to admit that fractionated laser surfacing is dangerous and none of them know how to correct it!
That's horrible! I heard of fraxel but not your procedure. I have sun damage and want to do derma sweep which is less harmful and no crystals with a finer bristle,so they say. I'm afraid because it's my face but it looks so ugly now with brown melasma from birth control and sun that it can't get any worse. i may just do a patch test first.
good idea, do a test patch and wait about 6 months to see the results
I figure it can get WORSE! This is why i am so thankful for your honest experience I am surprised with all these lasers that not one ps answered your question and can help resolve your problem.
I had it done 6 weeks ago and I'm still healing but think the final result will be good. I had mine done by my plastic surgeon, that might make a difference. Have you spoken with a ps about it?
At first I had faint pin holes and then over time (it started about a year) the holes on chin get very large and then the holes connected and formed lines, I lost a tremendous amount of fat in my face and as a result I ended up with orange peel. Was your laser procedure ablative or non ablative?
I thought the same way. It can!!!
I'm not familiar with those terms. I had Active FX laser on my whole face and 2 passes done around the mouth area.
I did the fat transfer (from my stomach and thighs) and it helped a lot! I still have hyperpigmentation (can NEVER go in sun or even get hot!) -- but the "artificial pores" don't bother me so much now that my facial volume is back. I saw Dr. Lentz in Daytona Beach Florida for the fat transfer and it made a world of difference!
I am glad it worked out for you :) I wish i could have new skin on my face by a wisp of a wand,Not gonna happen. My face has horrible hyperpigmentation/brown patches on both cheeks. It make sme look older and i feel dirty and self conscious. :(
Very good advice!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'm hoping to do laser next but so worried after reading so many bad reviews. I hope you get some advice from the dr on the site.
Since you have read all of our bad reviews, why on earth would you even consider it?
K2014, I think when we are considering a procedure it's normal to read both the good and bad reviews so you know the risks that are involved. I really do appreciate your sharing.
I'm just trying to spare you a lot of pain.
K2014. I really appreciate. I noticed you were asking for fat transfer pics. Are you considering?
I am thinking of it because of damage. What happened to you?
Certainly your most unfortunate experience causes one to wonder why is this treatment being used??? And if some outcomes are good, then WHY isn't yours?? That makes me think something incorrect was done during your tx. If you have before and after photos, you really may have a legal case. So sorry for how you are suffering.
Hi ,I 'm really sorry you have damage, I also have MAJOR fractional laser damage.I had it in july 2012. IA female derm turned up fraxel on almost the highest settings against my wishes.I am beyond devastated.Within 1 month I got major facial fat loss, my face, mostly right side completely scarred with wavy uneven resurfacing and white melted hypopigmentation. My face also dropped and I now have jowls and a pointy looking chin!My right side is also hanging lower than my left side. I am going to get a facelift to try to make it look more normal but omg..... this is like hell on earth. One thing I am going to try for my scarring from the laser after my lift, dermastamping with a 1.5 inch stamp. The idea is to induce collagen ' JUST LIKE THE SHITTY LASER THAT DESTROYED US' but has no thermal heat of course it is safe and it used all over europe for remodeling scarred and burned skin! The reason the doctors don't use it much hear or say 'it is not effective' is probably because they use laser they charge big $$$$$ money for or some other procedure.The success rate for dermastamping and dermarolling is like 70-90% so give it a try. you just have to do it once every 6 weeks to let the collagen form. I hope I see some results and you do too.
Have you seen any results with the dermaroller/dermastamp?

Oh I am so sorry you are having to deal with this:(   Thank you for posting the honest review.