Not What I Asked For... - Portland, OR

I wanted to subtly and naturally refresh my aging,...

I wanted to subtly and naturally refresh my aging, puffy/droopy upper eyes and eliminate the beginning of bags under the eyes. Dr. Waldorf has a great reputation in our area and everyone in her office raves about what a talented and artistic surgeon she is. Instead of finding this to be true for my case, I have ended up with hollowing above and below the eyes, noticeably asymmetrical creasing below the eyes, a gauntness around the eyes made worse by the procedure, a thick scar on one eyelid with unflattering draping of the skin, eyelashes at a different projection than before on one eye, improvement in one tear trough but not the other, and paper thin skin under the eyes from fat being removed (I had been told that on a thin patient such as myself the fat would only be repositioned and not removed but, surprise, she removed some anyway...).

As for pros, I did not have any major negative side effects such as severe dry eye, a drastic change in overall eye shape, severe hollowing, or inability to close the eyes all the way. In short, I am not disfigured, but not at all happy about the outcome, either.

Portland Plastic Surgeon

I thought I had chosen the best plastic surgeon in our area for natural and subtle upper and lower eyelid lifts. I had excess, drooping skin above my eyes, especially on one side. I also had the very beginnings of bags under my eyes. I asked for natural and conservative results. What I ended up with are neither subtle nor terribly aggressive but there is too much change for my taste. Also, the results are not very natural; I have a sort of surgical-looking outcome. Unfortunately I find the doctor's manner to be rather cold and intimidating so I have a hard time explaining how unsatisfied I am. When I have voiced concerns, she makes it clear she has no intention of trying to address any of my issues. I wouldn't trust her to attempt to surgically change anything anyway.

Same here,different DR.
Sorry to hear you had had a similar experience. I wish that plastic surgery delivered on all that it promises in the media and public opinion. Everyone assumes that the results will be an improvement but we often discover that is not the case...
Hi Sharon, it has been over six months since my surgery. While I can't undo what was done, I can happily report that I have found a provider in my area (an oculoplastic surgeon) who is very good with filler so I have been able to restore some of the fullness under the eyes lost to natural aging and the fat removal done during the lower bleph. I wish I had started with that instead of pursuing surgery but I had been told by many people that filler under the eyes is not a good idea. That is undoubtedly true if the practitioner doesn't have extensive under-eye experience which, sadly, most filler providers don't have! Thanks for your kind words. :)

I'm so sorry the surgery didn't work out for you. :( How long has it been since your surgery?