Too Small? - Portland, OR

I'm 4 days post-op and unwrapped the new girls for...

I'm 4 days post-op and unwrapped the new girls for the first time yesterday. Well, I nearly passed out from the sight. They are very bruised. But the thing that freaks me out the most is that I know that they are still very swollen (I didn't have drain tubes). I'm afraid once the swelling is gone I will end up flat chested!! I also haven't had a bowel movement since two days before my surgery so my stomach is sticking out past my new boobies. I'm really trying not to freak out.

DroopyBoobiesNoMore!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting the frankentittie, the mosquito bites, and there is none of that!! lmao! I think you are at least a B, if not most likely a C. Your boobies look great, and the bruising is temporary. You will be able to wear so many more clothes, and even go braless! I bought a bunch of maxi-dresses for the summer, you should too. Don't be unhappy, your PS did a great job, and if you asked for a B, they tried to make your wishes come true. No way you are an A!! You look great, congratulations. ♥
BTW- I'm telling you- smooth move tea will give a BM..... I wish I had bought it earlier.
Well, I was only a D or maybe DD before the surgery... difficult to say because I never could find a bra that fit well. I didn't have a lot of volume. I was just very droopy. I was hoping for a large B after surgery. I have to say though, I really do think it's going to be more like an A. We'll see what the PS has to say when I check in for my post-op tomorrow. Thanks for all of your uplifting ;) feedback though!

At 5 day post-op, my PS told me that she thought...

At 5 day post-op, my PS told me that she thought I'd end up at a C cup. I am more swollen today, so that may have influenced her judgement, but I am relieved to know that I will not be flat-chested! The bruising is improving a bit, and I am not as shocked by the sight of my Frankenboobies each time I look in the mirror now. I am definitely feeling much more committed to losing weight and toning up since my surgery because the absence of big boobies now puts my belly rolls in a much more prominent role! As soon as I can get back to the gym, the better!
Who was your doctor? Did they tell you how many grams they took?
My Dr. was Patricia Sandholm with Kaiser Permanente. She came highly recommended by both former patients of her's that I know and by nurses that I know that have taken care of her post-op patients. I was just looking at the pathology report. They only took 332gm from the right and 330gm from the left. That doesn't seem like much, does it?
DBNM, they didn't take much from me either. It only added up to 1.3 pounds. I don't have the grams handy right now. I wrote about it in my review. I was because she could only take from the bottom. Still, I'm much tighter and clothes fit better so something must be gone. :-) Also, breast tissue weighs different in everyone so the same volume in two people will weigh different depending on how dense it is. It's taken me a while to process that cause I really wanted them pretty much gone... but little by little I'm feeling much better about it. I hope you are feeling good about yours too.

Ok, now that over a week has gone by after...

Ok, now that over a week has gone by after surgery, I must say I am taking a liking to my new breasts. I changed my review from "not sure" to "yes" it is worth it! It is so refreshing not to have droopage over my belly (yes, I still hate my belly...but hey, that was there before the surgery, I just wasn't as aware of it then because my boobs draped over!). The shape of my new boobies is softening and, although I'm sure I'm still a bit swollen, it is so nice to have them looking the way they are now. I will have to take some more pics.

The bruising is almost gone. My steristrips are still partially on. My PS told me to trim them as they start to peel off, but I can't bring myself to get scissors that close to my nipples! The dark blue sutures are still a little freaky looking. I'm having a difficult time imagining that they will just dissolve away, but apparently that is what they are supposed to do.

My pain is still a bit obnoxious. This seems to be unusual from what I am reading. It is fine as long as I don't move at all, but the moment I even flinch I feel mostly a burning sensation all over my chest around the incisions. I am just taking ibuprofen, but even this I don't find particularly helpful. I don't think that the pain has either gotten better or worsened since my surgery day on the 16th. I'm a bit frustrated by this, but I'm hoping it begins to resolve soon. I go back to work in a week and a half. Hopefully the pain will improve by then.

I can't wait to be ok to exercise. Perhaps it is because I am stir crazy from laying around healing. I know it is also because I'm realizing just how much my belly protrudes...and looking at my before and after pics I realize just how big I have become all over including my arms. I have gained a substantial amount of weight in the past year. It's time to do something to take it all off again!
Your new girls look fabulous. I know I'm so happy with my BR in October. Because they're smaller and I could now see all the fat under them I elected for a TT on 3/28. I can't wait to get rid of the pain & swelling from the TT since I'm looking forward to wearing bra less shirts and being flat front & back since I will be firm and flat. I know it's easy for me to say it takes time when I was very frustrated how long I had to stay out of the pool and my aerobic exercises & friends after my BR. It's going to be a much longer recovery and time away from the pool with my TT so I know I'll be missing my friends then also.
The new girls look very well shaped, and in good proportion to the rest of your body :) About the burning pain, if the areas covered in tape feels hot to the touch and look red it would be best to tell the PS, as you could be having an allergic reaction to the surgical tape. I had that, and it was so uncomfortable. It felt like a bad sunburn.
Saw my PS today because of the pain. She said I'm having a hypersensitivity reaction...just nerves kind of freaking out in the healing process. She said the only way to overcome it is by massage! Yikes!! But that is supposed to make it "thousands of times better" in 24-48 hours, she said. That is the good and bad news. Also of good news is that there are no other apparent complications! Anyway, I'm so hypersensitive that even the feeling of fabric brushing against my boobies is causing me grief! I hope she is right because this massage thing really hurts!

Well, it's been almost four weeks and I'm having...

Well, it's been almost four weeks and I'm having excessive pain in both breasts. There's aching in every area of both breasts, my nipples (especially my right one) are super sensitive and feel like someone's biting on them or playing tug o war with them. My incisions under my breasts feel like they're burning. And my PS seems to think it's all in my head and won't refill my pain meds even though I was only taking two doses of Percocet per day in addition to ibuprofen three times per day as well. She prescribed a lidocaine 5% ointment which only made my breasts sticky but didn't ease the pain. I feel like a freak, and the PS made me feel like a drug seeker. I'm extremely discouraged.

I have taken an extra week off of work... all unpaid. I must return now and so tomorrow I will go back and do my regular 10 hour shift. I'm really worried. I have to wear two compression bras just to tolerate the pain of driving over any little bump in the road, and it hurts to walk even. As far as that goes, it hurts to turn in bed, to reach for anything, it even hurts lasting still and typing this on my phone!!

I changed my review to undecided about whether it was worth it or not. I wish my PS didn't treat me like a freak. I feel like a freak. Every one else in the forum is already exercising and I'm here feeling like I've been doing jumping jacks when all I'm doing is laying around in pain. I'm just so incredibly discouraged and really upset with my PS for the way they're treating me. Now I'm out of pain meds and basically have to suffer now... more so than I was before. The PS said I should have been able to do without pain meds after week one. What a load of crap!! People do heal at different rates, and breast reduction is not exactly non-traumatic. I'm discouraged and frustrated, and I do feel like a freak.
I'm sorry you had to go through this pain!! I'm at 5 weeks and three days and my breasts still hurts. I still get zingers now and then and sharp pains especially on my right breast. People do heal differently than others. Some days, I feel pain worse than other days. I take Tylenol when it hurts a lot but I was lucky my PS gave me two refills on Hydrocodone. I only take it when I really need it. I hope you're doing so much better now and no longer in pain.
A scholarly article about persistent postsurgical pain for those of you that are interested: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_url?hl=en&q=http://www.researchgate.net/publication/7083800_Persistent_postsurgical_pain_risk_factors_and_prevention/file/9fcfd50f37d5e66828.pdf&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm2xGaQx4p5gKS9HrCEhjD_wiIBaYQ&oi=scholarr
How frustrating. I know everybody heals differently but pain is pain and perhaps you should see your pcp if you cannot get any satisfaction from ps. Working is going to be even more of a challenge for you. I sure hope you get some answers.