32 Years Old, 3 Kids, 34G, Cant Wait to Exercise Again

I have always wanted a reduction once I had my...

I have always wanted a reduction once I had my first baby. Now at 32 years old, going thru divorce, 3 kids, and the amazing realization that my insurance will cover this procedure (previous insurance would not) I am very excited to get it done, heal, and move on with life. I hate being so inactive and having to wear 2 sports bras to do anything and always have neck and back pain. I need to get back to work asap (desk job) so I am really hoping healing is easy for me. I am concerned about my youngest, who just turned 2. He is a mama boy and not being able to pick him up or carry him is my biggest concern. I will be having an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time. I have no idea how much this will affect my recovery. I have not had the consult yet. But I may opt out of it.
well I can probably tell you little bit about my story.. I have 2 kids and my boy was 2 1/2 when I did mine and I could not carried him but he was climbing on me and was really gentle with me :) trust me this is the best thing you can do if you are really ready. I dont know if you have any family member that could come over to help you out (my parents did fly from Montreal Quebec to Georgia to give me help.. Ryan is in daycare so that was little bit easy too during daytime :)
Yes my mom will be around and my oldest is almost 11 and is a huge help so I think I will be okay. My 2 year old will be in daycare during the day so once I start driving and going back to work my only concern will be getting him in and out of the carseat and into the daycare. My energy might be zapped too...
can he get in the carseat by himself? before my surgery I started asking my boy to get in and out by himself

Nervous

I am going Thursday for my consult on the umbilical hernia. I have no idea how intense this is or recovery time. I would assume its easy and very small incision...I just want this and my reduction done like yesterday. Its hard to be patient but I have a lot of other stress factors in life that I am afraid will get in the way of healing time.

Counting Down

I had my consult for the umbilical hernia. That surgeon basically said easy, nothing compared to the BR. They have coordinated their schedules to have me be last surgery of the day and I will stay overnight at the hospital. He said I probably wont notice recovery or healing issues so thats good. My belly button will finally just look normal again. And hopefully it will be easier to get my stomach back into decent shape once all healed. I called my insurance company and thankfully I have amazing insurance from my employer. I have a $5 co pay for the entire surgery and a $50 co pay for the one night hospital stay. THATS IT! Amazing. I know 100% I want to do this but April 10th is coming fast and I am really worried about how long recovery will really take. My soon to be ex-husband is supposed to be leaving the house any day but he's an alcoholic and is just causing so much stress I am afraid something will come crashing down where I can't deal with it. I keep thinking of putting back the surgery but the time frame of early April is really the best time for me. May and June are out and I just want this done.
As I was taking off my bra the other night and rubbing the red welts and wincing in pain (probably because I wear the wrong bra size too) I just knew that I want to get this done!
Congratulations on deciding to get a breast reduction. It was life changing for me. I have no more back pain, no more shoulder pain, no more rashes and I feel beautiful again. I love looking at my breasts everyday. It has been an amazing experience. Take a look at my review. I hope it will inspire you. Good luck with your surgery and I can't wait until you post your updates post-op.

Pre-Op Appointment Done

I had my pre-op appt on 3/25/14 with a PA for my surgeon. She gave me the pre-surgery cleaning wipes I am supposed to use and took "before" pictures. they will do more at 4 months post op to compare. She really eased my mind about recovery time and my concerns on having the kids and being able to go back to work. she seems to think that I am young, healthy, and in better shape than average so recovery should be fast.
she gave me the Rx to fill for pain killers and now I just wait for the call to confirmed my arrival time the day before the surgery. I am still concerned about my personal life this being a bad time for surgery but with my work schedule and summer coming up its the best time to get it over with. Plus my personal life involving soon to be ex-husband makes me want it more because I don't want to not so something for ME because of him yet again.
I will try to post pics with my profile soon.
Had my pre-op today and thought of you as I drive past that hospital on my way home, your date is almost here! I am so excited for you! I didn't get any nifty pre surgery cleaning stuff... I have a call with a nurse a few days before surgery and she is supposed to give me more instructions. I also go pain killer RX today and antibiotics... did you get antibiotics?
I only got a Rx for percoset. No anti-biotics. Wonder what they are for? I also was told no drains. They will wrap me really tight in ace bandage and send me home the next day. I am glad I get to stay overnight one night. I am really nervous! I just wonder how down I will really be. Will I be able to do laundry? Etc. Wont know until I do it! I did order some front close bras online and hope they work. I dont want to buy anything fancy or spendy until after the procedure and some swelling goes down. I just got some fruit of the loom front close off walmart.com
So excited for you. I can't even tell you how much the BR did for my self-confidence. With all that you have going on with your soon to be ex....this will probably help you feel so good. As far after surgery. I took it very easy the first 2 weeks...no cooking or cleaning. I probably could have cooked for myself the 2nd week if I had to. I went back to work 17 days after surgery and worked at least 6-7 hours a day. I still had skme discomfort but not as tired as I thought I would be after going back to work. After 3-4 weeks I still had some discomfort but pretty much back to normal activity. By 7-8 weeks I had almost no pain or discomfort and just waiting for redness to diminish. Hope that helps.

Photo pre op

Finally uploaded a photo. Hard to do this knowing it's online! My date is next Thursday and I'm still so nervous.

Bras

My PS will only send me home in ace bandage, not a post op bra. I am supposed to buy my own. I had 3 delivered from walmart.com but they barely fit and are weak support. Assuming they will fit once I am smaller, I am spilling out of them. And I know the band is not the right type for post opp with my incisions I will have. I am trying to get out of dropping $$$ on bras but I may need to.
good luck with your op, bromelain is fantastic for swelling. just get off the pain meds as soon as you can and let your body heal naturally. prune juice post op is a great way of preventing constipation, a big problem for a lot of people. i am 10 weeks post op and have had no problems
My sister ordered these http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93536 when she had hers and said they were just as good as the one she ordered for over $100.... they are only around $30 with shipping. She got a L and it fit. She was a J and a D/DD after and they fit and were super supportive. My PS send me home in one, but my sis gave me her and I am ordering an extra.

Ordered Bra

I did order a bra that I hope fits. It will come today from Amazon and my surgery is in 2 days! Can't believe this is really happening. I need to still stock up on easy snacks for the kids.
Good luck !! My surgery is the day after yours :)
good luck tomorrow :)

Day Before

Got my call from the scheduler. Report at 11:30am at the hospital! Surgery scheduled for 1:25 or earlier if PS is done with the first one of the day early. I also bought bromelain today based on several reviews but wont take it until after the procedure. I am supposed to wash my sheets and sleep on clean ones tonight, use these antimicrobal wipes tonight after a shower and again in the morning. No food after midnight. The computer with the hospital estimates 5 hours for the time of the BR and the umbilical repair! That's a long time! I am a little scared. So excited for little boobs but never been in surgery before. My now ex-husband had about 4 surgeries so I am familiar with being on the waiting side not the patient side! I know its routine and I should not be afraid. Very concerned about recovery. Guess I will just "get r done" and see what happens!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Good Luck on your Surgery ! Before you know it - it will all be Over with ! We are all here for ya ! :-)
Good luck! You will do just fine. My surgey was 5 1/2 hours. I am so excited for you!

Marked up before surgery

Marked up
Before surgery. You can see my belly button hernia also that was fixed.
good luck,i hope you will be as happy as me, see my review for a normal recovery experience
Good luck and keep in touch when you can! Sending you good wishes

Home!

I am home from my one night stay at the hospital after my breast reduction. Here is my timeline of events:
4/10/2014
10:30am hospital check in
11:30am get dressed in gown and started Iv
Between this time and 1:30 I got marked up by my plastic surgeon was visited by the general surgeon for my bellybutton hernia and met with anesthesia. Everyone was very nice great bedside manner the nurse herself had a breast reduction 10 years ago so I was not nervous at all.
I was given relaxation medicine to the IV and wheeled into the operating room around 2 PM I think. The next thing I knew I was in recovery trying to wake up and I was very nauseous and I have been having a nightmare regarding things at my work. I kept having to be reminded to breathe and it took a long time for me to fully wake up. They did not have a room ready for me yet so they let my mom come back and stay with me in recovery. I was in a little pain so they gave me IV meds around 630 or 7 PM. The PS told my mom the surgery went excellent it was a pleasure working on someone so young and healthy and it was about three hours. The general surgeon to fix my hernia only took about 20 minutes it was pretty small and easy to fix. I had never had surgery or general anesthesia before so I was shocked at how awful it made me feel. I finally got to my real room around 7:30 PM and my mom stayed with me until about 9 PM my dad came and visited and was with me from about 8 PM to 11 PM. I was not in pain from the surgery but the anesthesia made me very nauseous and dizzy lightheaded and shaky I really just felt awful. They gave me antinausea medicine and I had a Percocet at about 11 PM. And then I fell asleep. at 2 AM I woke up and felt so much better and the anesthesia had finally worn off. I went Pee, drink a lot of water and got back into bed. The nurse woke me up again at 4:30 AM for more vitals. At 6:30 AM the nurse woke me up again for more vitals and I went Pee. I ordered my breakfast at 7 AM and had another Percocet. By the time I breakfast came and I was finishing trying to eat it around 745 I started to feel really dizzy and achy again and I think it's because the Percocet kicked in. I really do not like the painkillers. They gave me an antinausea medicine and my plastic surgeon and general surgeon came to check me out. I was discharged around 11 AM. It was about half an hour drive home which was not that painful I had to wait in the car for my partner to go into the grocery store and pick up a couple things and we went to Starbucks before I got home. I was very weak and shaky and sore by the time I got on the couch. I took a pill and have been on the couch ever since icing and in little pain. Honestly the most painful part is my bellybutton incision for the hernia. It's hard to move and sit up and sit down because my belly hurts. The breasts actually do not feel that bad. I do have some drainage and I can see some blood seeping so I have extra padding or cloth absorbing it. I have read several reviews were people are using maxipads and I think I will do that. My PS wants me to stay wrapped in the ace bandage for a week instead of switching to bra. But I can unwrap it tomorrow to take a quick shower. I really want to see what they look like the surgeon said she thinks I will be a large B cup!
sounds like it went well hope you like what you see when you shower cant wait for pics get plenty of rest while you can congrats
congratulations, just seen your review start to finish, and looking forward to seeing the after pics :) It is hard posting before pictures, I am with you on that but I think it is helpful to see others' - although perhaps it won't be so difficult to proudly display the after ones :) Hope you are healing well.
congrats dear :) what size you were before do you know how many grams she removed? Take it easy and you will see even in a few days you will be better.. and keep taking these pain killer at least 3 days :)

First peek!

Oh my goodness! I unwrapped today to change dressings. I used fresh Maxi pads. I honestly have little if no pain! My tummy hurts and is swollen from the hernia fix. And I think The anesthesia made me swollen?

More info

My PS said they normally take about 500 g per side with someone my size but she ended up only taking about 380 g per size she said I had more fatty tissue which is lighter in weight. I will have more detailed notes when I go to my postop visit on April 17. I am very happy so far and I am expecting to be a large B cup.
Hope you are feeling well today! Thanks for all of your updates. Your results are amazing! I am a bit nervous about not staying in the hospital overnight and going home after surgery with two little ones at home to take care of. The hubby will be helpful, but he only took a couple days off. How are you handing the after surgery motherhood part of things? Hope you got to relax and enjoy some of the beautiful sun yesterday! Happy healing!!!
I've had church and friends providing dinner every night ! My now ex husband is still here in my house and doing an okay job helping for now. I'm hoping to do half day at work on day 5 post op. I went to the bank today and it was tiring. I feel dizzy and get a headache and I know I need to sit down. Drink water and eat healthy food. Then I feel better. I can't do dishes. I tried.
also I should add it's my hernia that's the affecting part. My boobs really are not bothering me much. Ice is all I need. Only Tylenol twice a day today

4 days post op

One side is bigger. It also hurts more underneath. Hope it's just swelling
they re gorgeous, you just have to be patient as the swelling will take 2 - 4 months to go down, each boob will heal at its own rate
Also how big were your boobs before surgery
My ps said 34g. I always thought I was a 36ddd

Feeling good

Ran errands today and had a stressful morning. By noon I was pretty wiped out so I rested on the couch until about 4 PM. And I had activities of my kids for the evening. Lots of different colors of yellow and purple bruising but little drainage and feels good. Wearing the post op bra and it's working out really well so far. I love the way my T-shirts now fit!
be a bit careful, it sounds like you are doing too much too soon and that risks holes.

One Week

Today is one week since my surgery. I am at work for day 2 in a row. I worked 5 hours yesterday and plan to do similar today. I am so grateful for dinners being delivered by friends and church because I am tired. The hardest part of first day back at work was not work, I can sit most of the time at my desk, but the driving kids to daycare, traffic, etc. Wore me out. My incisions look good to me and my post op is tomorrow. No plans today besides these work hours and the same for Friday. Sat will also be lazy rest day so trying to take it easy but with 3 kids its hard. I am trying to not worry about the cleaning and picking up. Letting it go for now! (Kind of nice even though it bugs the crap out of me) I was on the couch/bed last night by 6:30 and didnt do much the rest of the evening.
I definitely notice that lots of water intake and healthy food helps. Didn't even take Tylenol today and I can feel my incisions a little more than yesterday so must be helping. I will take some as soon as I get home.
So Very Nice - for your results ! Now - you can join the Club - of Measuring our TIME - in WEEKS POST OP ! :-) I was 6 weeks out - as of Wednesday - the 16th !

First Post Op visit

First post op visit went great. I have amazing healing and don't need to be seen again until 3 months post op unless I have concerns. More pics to come soon. The itchiness started today but its the top skin, not incisions that itch. In love with my new boobs, can't believe how easy they are and small. No hoisting up to place into my bra!
I love the shape. Congratulation on your new boobs. Please try to rest as much as you can!
itchy skin on the boobs is caused by stretching the skin into place, I had it for a couple of weeks and used a simple moisturiser keeping it away from the incisions. Nice to have proof that recovery is often very easy.

Help! Rash?!

The only thing I did different today was go to my post op. The lady did have blue gloves on and she barely touched my breast but I wonder if it was a latex allergy? I've been so itchy all day and couldn't stand it anymore so I finally undressed to take a cold shower and I found these red and inflamed breasts as you can see my picture.
It certainly looks as though you may be having a reaction to something. Hope Benadryl helps.
ohh poor you!! did benadryl helps? if it doesn't give a call do you ps ;) btw you look good :)
Keep an eye on your temperature as well, doesnt look like infection but just in case

Update

I got a hold of advice nurse through Kaiser, my insurance, they got a hold of the plastic surgeon on call for the weekend she said to remove all of the tape still on my incisions and take a shower. I did that and took more Benadryl and hopefully within 24 hours it will go away.

Rash

These other pictures I just took about six hours after taking off the surgical tape and taking a shower. What it just the most and hurts is the neck rash.
are you on antibiotics??? or taking painkillers? if you can get off everything except benadryl that may help. the boobs are looking great for 9 days
Thanks for commenting ! I just added new pics. I'm really worried but advice nurse keeps saying it's just hives
how is it with benadryl

Update

These are pics 24 hrs after removing tape and I just showered. Hives had spread to my neck and shoulders but seem to be getting better. Only thing I'm taking is Benadryl. I don't feel like it's an infection. No fever. Feel good except the itching. I slept with ice pack on top of boobs and that helped. I wonder if my incisions are healing normally ? They looked bunched up but I know it can be normal to do that.
your incisions look normal, the bunching will relax and smooth out as you heal and as the stitches dissolve
this morning the only symptoms I have are slight red skin and still swelling. the itchy feeling is barely there so I still I have a call into my PS but assume things are okay. the benedryl makes me tired but I am still taking it
Could u be allergic to the stitches?

Another post op visit

After the rash all weekend I went back and my PS was able to see me this morning. I got a Rx for a stronger antihistamine so I can stop taking benedryl. Just must have been reaction to the surgical tape. Otherwise she said I healing fantastic and the incisions all look great. I go back for a 30 day post op in May. I feel more swollen today and tender. Also realize I have not taken any Tylenol in 2 days so I will start that again. The best part of this is that I don't have to lift up the breasts to place them in my bra. They just sit up and are so perky. Its amazing.
Glad to hear you got another antihistamine, hopefully it is one that doesn't make you drowsy too! Just think, by Oregon summer timing you will be ready to hit the pool!
I have a family reunion the end of June/ early July in Sunriver. So excited To actually be able to wear a swimsuit and play at the water park with my kids! Best surgery ever! Despite my rash that is slowly fading away I'm so glad I did this. I have not even attempted bra shopping yet. Just wearing post op and sports bras for now. I realized today that I could even shop at Victoria's Secret! I've always been too big!
Enjoy!!!

Still itchy

Still taking rx antihistamine but don't think it's really working. Skin is irritated. Feels like I have a sunburn. Breasts a little sore but mostly from clothing rubbing againy skin. Feels good to air it out and ice at end of day. They feel more swollen also then they were even just after the surgery.
Can I ask a question please , I had my reduction on Monday , my stomach is really swollen is this normal , did anyone else have this ??
yes this seems to be normal and even more swollen with me since I had a umbilical hernia repair at the same time.
ohh yes it does take a few days to come down.. I thought I was having a prego belly (like around 12-15 weeks) after my br ;)

2 weeks post op

Wow cant believe I am 2 weeks post op today! Not even taking tylenol on a regular basis although sometimes I am sore and feel like I should. Itching and rash has for the most part gone away. That reaction must have been to the surgical tape. It has taken a long time to come down off the flare up I had. Still a little sore and red but at this time it could just be from the overall healing process. Driving makes them jiggle a little and hurts. Working FT this whole week and energy is good. I am tired by the end of the day and have let house work slack but I am hoping to get some good energy this weekend to tackle some laundry and other chores. I am carrying my 2 year old sometimes...he can stand next to me on a chair and I get him on my hip. No picking or putting down but the PS said this action to place him on my hip is fine.
Still cant believe how small and normal I look now. Still have NOT tried on any bras, kinda nervous to but also money is tight so no use getting excited about cute bras if I cant afford them right now.

Sore

I am not sore by moving arms or actual incisions but my skin and breasts in general are really sore. Is this normal ? Still hurts to walk fast or if they get moved too much. Driving over bumps hurts. I imagine the way they "scoop" out the excess breast it would be pretty torn up inside ? And all that codorizing would be painful inside. And the spot where underwire incision "T's" with the anchor is really hard and tight. I feel like I want to wear soft tank tops under my sports bra to keep skin protected. An ice pack at the end of the day feels amazing. Been back at work FT since one week post op and energy is fine. Tried to play at the park with the kids last night but just couldnt. Had to stand and walk and watch. no running around with them. I am carrying my 2 year old on my hip and getting him in and out of carseat fine. I just dont pick him up unless I bend down to him and get him on my hip first.
Thank you so much for your pictures and what you went through. I have also been approved by my insurance and I'm having my surgery not until June 30. Excited and nervous! I have my pre-op this Thursday and have some questions to ask my PS. What is Bromelain? Did your PS say it was ok to ice after surgery? Were your stitches inside or when you went back did they take them out? Sorry for the questions I'm trying to think of questions to ask the PS but you know how that goes you think you have all the questions you want to ask then when you leave your like crap I wanted to ask him this. Anyway you look TERRIFIC! Glad all is going well. I too can't wait to not have to heave the breasts into the bra! :)
internal dissolving stiches-no removal needed surgical tape was applied after stitches were done. I had a allergic reaction to this as you can read in my profile. It took a week for it to kick in. It was awful. Bromelain is a pineapple extract enzyme I only heard about thru people on this website. Its supposed to help bodies in stress. I took it but not sure if it made a difference...I have not taken it for over a week now and I don't feel any different. I iced all the time for the first week. almost non stop. the hospital sent me home with several of their cloth covered ice bags to fill myself at home. Those were wonderful! get some of those from your nurses! I stayed one night and was so thankful for that.
Thanks!

Other updates

I also have not taken any of the anti histamine that was prescribed, Tylenol or bromelain for about a week now. Still a little pink on my breast skin but the rash has gone away so I will save this Rx for if I ever need something stronger than benedryl in the future I guess.
I feel for you with the allergy, it's really horrible. I always get the neck rash too, even if the actual allergic reaction is somewhere else. Your shape is great, I hope you heal fully soon and enjoy your summer.
I'm Still taking the Bromelain for Swelling !
I Still take the 500 Mg Capsules 3 to 4 Times a day ONLY BETWEEN MEALS - so I usually only eat Once a Day - so I take it every 6 Hours.

Healing well

Some days I forget I had surgery. I love my little boobs!
Incisions are healing nice. Left is more bunched still around nipple. Still sore. Seems to vary day by day. I walked a decent amount with my bob stroller and 2 year old the other night. Several neighborhood laps. The next day I was pretty swollen and hurt. It was also hottest weather portland has had. The last few days I've taken it easier and no problems. Exercise really must affect this. Bummer. I'm dying to work out again!
Some days I need ice and others I don't even bother. Still unsure about the finished product but in not going to complain if my nipples are off a little. I'm happy to be so smAll. Seems like the big swaying saggy boobs were a lifetime ago!
Happy with my belly fix too but I definitely need to work out and loose some weight now in my tummy.
Your new breasts look fabulous, and it will be so much easier to work out with them! I have done some walking, too, and am waiting for a good workout. I just don't want to do any damage, so have been careful about doing too much (I've probably taken that to the extreme at this point, but I'm sort of enjoying my leisure time : )
me too! Imagine how nice it will be to run/train etc without wearing two bras or a corset thing! you are right though, should be cautious...
you look really good, really in proportion!!! I found the same as you, even light exercise means more swelling and extreme tiredness, so have to do just a little bit. Its hard to get the right balance. I low what you mean about feeling like the big boobs are a lifetime ago - I feel like I always had these now, like they were what I should have had.

5 weeks post Op

Had 5 week post op appt today with a PA at the PS clinic. Have to admit the past week I have been so busy I didn't really look my breasts. All of a sudden today I realized the bunching has smoothed out and the incisions are less puffy. They are sensitive, she said to wear a loose t shirt with no bra and let the nipples start to de-sensitize some. Also okay to start massaging gently with oil or vit E, anything I want on that spectrum of products. Okay to swim and start exersizing, just listen to my body. Final post op visit 4 months post op with the PS scheduled. Will post pics soon to go with this.
Great progress

5 weeks

You have healed very well !
You are looking great!
You look great! Your scars... which I don't know if they can even be called that yet, already appear to be fading... good for you!

First run

Had my 5 week post op as noted before on 5/15 and was cleared to exercise on my own accountability so On 5/16 I went for a 2 mile run. It felt amazing ! So light and free. It was like I didn't even have boobs! Huge difference from before. And I was not even swollen afterwards. I'll say it again: best decision ever !
Your looking good I am still a bit boxy looking I have found that my tightness is not as bad as it was last week . Tune in tomorrow I have another 5 week pre opt
congratulations, can't wait to join you in getting back to running. I am wondering how different it will be.
You look so fabulous, like the breast shape and size was always meant to be for you! I look forward to that first run.

Feel so good

Realized this week I'm not exhausted every day. Found this Fila top at goodwill with bra built in and it's the first time I've ever been able to wear something like this. Love ! So comfortable.
Great top! How is the running going? Do you have any swelling at all, I see your didnt after the first run? I am 'allowed' to run next week, but am not sure, as I get swelling and pain if I overdo it generally. Do you wear a tight running bra and do you think that stops swelling? I am not sure where to start getting a 'normal' sized sports bra. Sorry for all the questions, am just keen to find out how others get back into exercise x
My sports bras are still the ones I had from before surgery so they are not as tight as they should be. I am still wearing 2. I have only been running about one time per week because yes it does cause a little swelling and sensitivity. I still have not gone out and purchased any regular bras or smaller sports bras but plan to with my next paycheck :)
yeah me too, although I burned my old sports bra so using that isn't an option! It will be nice to be able to try the shock absorbers.

2 months post op

I went to VS over the weekend and they measured me a 34D. I don't feel that big but the wireless styles I tried on fit perfect. They are so spendy but the bras are amazing there. I went home and opted to make an online order. I got a few wireless bras that are M not a cup size. Only 9.99 on clearance and I had a code for buy 2 get one free so I also got a bandeau style. We will see how they fit when they come. And I ordered 3 tank tips with bras built in and a dress with a built in bra. I can't wait! My scars are pretty bright pink, more so than previously. I know it takes a long time to be healed. I am using oil from Honest company and massaging about once every other day when I remember.
I love not having to be self conscious when I bed over, no huge jugs hanging out for everyone to see. Most people dont know I had a BR. They say I didn't seem that big before. I don't think I was so much BIG as I was low and hanging and heavy. It was a lot to hoist up those girls. I am loving this decision and can't believe I dealt with the big girls for Sooooo long.
we are like, TWINS! seriously, you have the boobs I want, and our faces are super similar....am I looking at the me after BR? :) I'm looking into surgery--have been for about 16 years. but getting pregnant always thwarted it! I have been hoping to read of moms who have young kids who do it. our littlest is 16 mo, and still nursing, so the intial consult is still months off. but I'm stacking up on information and I love hearing everyone's experiences!!!
Glad you are doing well, I gather that VS assumes that everyone wants to think they are bigger than they are, so a VS d cup is probably a C in other brands. Who cares as long as they look pretty and are comfortable!

Update

Victoria's Secret with wire. 34d. Sounds big but I think they run small here. But this one fits amazing and was only $15.99 on sale right now. I'm not going to wear it long. Worried about scars rubbing. I feel bigger now than I was right after the surgery
You look great in that bra, VS seems to assume that everyone wants to be bigger so they size their bras to do this, meaning you are likely to be a C cup in other brands
And don't forget the padding that they call 'lining' nowadays ;) Every time I try a new bra on that is allegedly 'unpadded' it adds to the size I swear (my new pet peeve)
HI peediewife I was wanting to buy some VS secrets bras off line I was wandering what there sizes compared to all I wear 38D I am going to try some 36 C in other brands I am looking for a good push up from the side to give me small cleavage Let me know if anyone knows the conversions from victoria secrets to other bras I seem to fit in the same bras on all other makes and models THANKS!!!

5 months post op

Loving my breasts so much I haven't posted in a long time. My left is slightly bigger and points away a little. Don't think anyone notices in clothing. My right side scar is painful and seems constantly inflamed. I hope this goes away eventually. I'm trying not to wear underwire because of this.
Looking great, hope the scar gets less tender soon
Thanks for sharing your story and congrats! I too am 5 months post op (surgery was April 11th) I went from a 32Fto a 32C. I am glad you posted pictures of your scars because mine look pretty much exactly like yours right now! (It's also funny because MY left is also slightly bigger and points away a little too!!) and a lot of people who post pictures just post from front on or from the side. Although the scars are a small price to pay and they really don't bother me that much, I have been wondering if mine are becoming hyper-trophic. I apply silicone scar gel twice a day, eat right, take vitamins, and massage the scars for atleast ten minutes a day. But how each person scars is also determined by their genes I think. Regardless, you have a wonderful result and all of us here are brave for going through this to better our lives and self confidence! :)
Age affects the scarring too i think.
Dr. Murphy

My consult appt with the PS was great. She took many measurements and was confident that I am a perfect candidate and quality of life will be so much better. She does several of these a week so she seems very well qualified.