Bad Hair Transplant in Milwaukee - And another bad experience at another Milwaukee clinic

3 months ago I went to a clinic called the...

3 months ago I went to a clinic called the "Clinic of Cosmetic Surgery" in Port Washington Wisconsin. At that time I was a 24 year old looking for a quick fix to my minimal hair loss problems so I went to Dr. Mark Blake for hair transplant consultation. During the consultation he seemed very knowledgeable about the procedure and all that would entailed.

I believed that this procedure would be a life changer, so I paid for the procedure and signed up for it to be done in the Summer of this year (2011). When I got there for surgery, some technician who I had never meant before told me he would be drawing my hairline. I was certain that the physician is the only one who should be drawing a hairline, and not some technician (is this even allowable). I remembered to bring photos with me on the day of surgery to show how I wanted the hairline to look, as I wanted a circular hairline that contoured with my head (like most people have). Instead, this technician decided he wanted to draw a widows peak without my consent even though I showed him a clear photo of the hairline that I wanted, which wasn't a widows peak. I told Dr. Blake about it before surgery but he said it closely resembled the image in the picture (which it didn't), so I just let it go and didn't think even more about it until I got home and saw how bad the hairline was, not only was it a long widows peak, but it was uneven.

3 months later I went back to talk about the swelling in the recipient hair area, and Dr. Blake said that it was nothing and that I should not worry, even though to this day it is still bleeding blood and pus, I do not think this is normal. Dr. Blake is determined not to do anything about this swelling, as I think it could be an infection or worse. I also told him about the hairline (widows peak), and he said he would fill it in with the (FUE procedure) a fews months down the road. But one day he suddenly said he was unwilling to do that, even though he told me he could do so previously, at this time I am still wondering what is going on what this doctor and this clinic.

As of now, I still have head swelling and a donor site scar in the back of my head with no hope of it ever being filled in. There are not to many capable or well known hair transplant doctors in Wisconsin, therefore I do not know what to do about my situation.

Hello everyone, I am writing this review because a...

Hello everyone, I am writing this review because a while back (about 2 years ago) I went to a clinic called the Transitions of Wisconsin (part of the PAI clinic chains) located in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

I am an African-American male who was in the process of losing a good deal of hair at that time at the age of 21. When I walked into the clinic, the doctor there (who was Caucasian) gave me a very nasty glare and I thought to myself why was he acting that way. But there's more, when I sat down for him in the consultation he was very sulky and snatched my demographic application away from me before I even finished it. He then went on to say (I have to put what he said bluntly) that African Americans have very curly and inferior hair qualities and that they are not candidates for hair restoration. He even told me that my hairline was fine where it was (even though my hairline at that time was about 6 fingers above my eyebrows). I would like to know what kind of doctor was this? At the end of the consultation, I left the office feeling patronized and brushed off, and he didn't even shake my hand at the end of the consultation. I still believe that the doctor was biased and just didn't want any part of performing work on African-American hair.

I have never told anyone about this experience until now, and I feel that some doctors should be above bias against anyone, however I feel in some cases they are not.

I am glad that I did not pay this doctor one cent to have him work on me. His first name is John, but I forgot his last name.

3 months ago I went to a clinic called the "Clinic...

Updated on 23 Dec 2011:

Hello everyone, I am writing this new review because a while back (about 2 years ago) I had went to another clinic called the Transitions of Wisconsin (part of the PAI clinic chains) located in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This was different doctor this time (not doctor Blake)

I was an African-American male who was in the process of losing a good deal of hair at that time at the age of 21. When I walked into the clinic, the doctor there (who was Caucasian) gave me a very nasty glare and I thought to myself why was he acting that way. But there's more, when I sat down for him in the consultation he was very sulky and snatched my demographic application away from me before I even finished it. He then went on to say (I have to put what he said bluntly) that African Americans have very curly and inferior hair qualities and that they are not candidates for hair restoration. He even told me that my hairline was fine where it was (even though my hairline at that time was about 6 fingers above my eyebrows). I would like to know what kind of doctor was this? At the end of the consultation, I left the office feeling patronized and brushed off, and he didn't even shake my hand at the end of the consultation. I still believe that the doctor was biased and just didn't want any part of performing work on African-American hair.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 23 Dec 2011:I gave this rating because I would like others to be forth coming and truthful about really bad experiences with doctors, especially if they are not treated fairly.