Horrible - Port Orange, FL

In May 2011, I had a fine head of hair but have...

In May 2011, I had a fine head of hair but have always been very self-conscious. I work hard to maintain a good body and skin to look sexy so I decided to have a little transplant to fix my front line. I didn’t know anything about hair transplants and had a bad result and lost more than what they(a doctor in FLORIDA) transplanted (600 grafts). I was shocked (I was 25 years old) and I decide in June 2012 to have another surgery to fix the bad results of the first procedure. I was wrong.

I went to Marco Barusco thinking a more expensive doctor and a larger procedure (1800 grafts) was going to fix my problem, plus Marco was very nice. He promised to reduce the scar that the first procedure left me and he promised to fix the results of my first procedure and improve my overall look.

I trusted him and decided to go through with this second procedure which cost $8,500 (all my savings). Initially I used Toppik to cover the shock loss post procedure. Nine months after the surgery my hair looked even worse than after the first procedure. I became addicted to Toppik and could no longer go without it because the scar on the back of my head was red, thick and noticeable. The front line where the transplant was had lost a lot of density and was very thin (and looked weired).

After a few months Dr. Barusco opened the scar up again and re-stitched it shut in an effort to make it thinner. The result was the same as before so after a few months and another payment of $1400 I did FUE on the scar which also had a bad result. He tried again and again the results were still very bad.

In May 2013 I told him I was done having surgery on my head as nothing was working and I asked him very kindly for my money back (the most hard period of my life). After all of the mess and unsuccessful procedures he told me that he agreed it was not successful and would help me get my money back.

I stayed in constant contact with Dr. Barusco as I expected to receive my money back in a timely manner. After a couple months of promises for answers and still not hearing anything Dr. Barusco told I needed to gather opinions for other plastic surgeons regarding my situation to prove the procedures were not successful. As expected, they all agreed with me that it was NOT successful. I complied in a timely manner and waited to hear a response.

Today, six months after I initially requested my money back, I received a call from an attorney saying that they are NOT going to give me my money back and instead offered more surgery. I informed them I am not interested in surgery as every time it has proven unsuccessful. I also received a message from Dr. Barusco saying that he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore and if I want to talk I have to call his attorney.

I’m very disappointed in this experience because I trusted Dr. Barusco and didn’t receive the results I was promised or my money back because of it. His message today was the final nail in the coffin – I felt betrayed.

Worst mistake of my life, it has been a nightmere for me. Learn from my mistake and be very careful if you decide to have a hair transplant with him. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that don’t really care about their patients. You can reach out to me if you want to hear more or have any additional questions.

Edoardo I am sorry to hear your story. I think you should show some pictures. That is very important although I have seen them on other websites. I was ready with my friend to give this doctor a chance before I ready your story. Thanks to you I researched more and found Dr. Charles. Now I am getting my funds together alone with my friend and getting ready to confirm a surgery. I am actually getting 3000 grafts and my friends around 3500. We will be spending around $30,000 together and sorry I am excited to finally get repaired. That money was 90% sure going to Dr. Marco Barusco so please don't take this the wrong way but your story and your grief saved me and helped me find Dr. Charles. Thanks!! Show your photos please.
very happy that I ended up to help you in your decision, sorry for the late responde but this doctor it has been deleting any single bad review all over the internet about himself and also some of mine, so im pretty nauseated from all of this happening.
LOL. anyways its too bad that this couldn't be work out. From reading all the forums it appears that you are suffering for the subpar transplant and the doctor reputation is suffering. I received a transplant years ago from Bosley and was actually looking at Dr. Barusco for repair. Thank god I found different websites and saw your story. I have decided to go to Dr. Charles instead ( still have to book it). Trying to convince my friend to have a transplant as well. I probably need 2000 grafts, my friend needs a lot more and just trying to find out if Dr. Charles will be able to do more than 4000 grafts. I wanted not only to choose a good doctor but a professional one. I don't thing sueing a patient is good for any doctor reputation.
marco barusco

worst mistake of my life