Good So Far After Losing 30 Pounds - Ponchatoula, LA

I dropped 30 lbs. over the last year, but most of...

I dropped 30 lbs. over the last year, but most of it in the first 6 months. I'm 51 years old, 5' 11" and weighed 201. today at the surgeon's office. I decided to have my abdomen and love handles reduced. Even when I was seriously into running and weighed 165 lbs., I had the love handles. I gained weight over the years lifting weights. I'm nor really concerned about my weight, I just wanted the external fat off of my torso. I will post pre-op photos when I get them. I chose a doctor who does about 300 of these procedures a year. He's very experienced.

As for the procedure, this place was well planned. He gave me a Xanax for the night before and another to take before the procedure. I was a bit nervous. Started me on antibiotics the day before. Gave me lortabs for upcoming pain. Not sure I'll need it.

Staff was great. Assistant took my vitals and then I was given a shot of demerol. It kind of zoned me out. The doctor came in and drew on my abdomen and hips/back. Then, the lidocaine solution was injected in a few places; a little stinging/not bad.

I got situated on the table and Dr. went to work on the right hip. It was not painful, just some occasional discomfort. But, it felt weird! Lastly, he put in the cannula to suck out the fat/solution. Had a few moments of a little pain, but again not bad. Again, strange sensations and sounds. Dr. did left hip next. Same thing. Last, Dr. went to work on my abdomen. Apparently, I carry the fat high and needed very little in my lower abdomen/pubic area. Got up, vitals checked, and my friend drove me home. Told that I will experience swelling for 3 weeks.

Two hours later. I took a lortab. Compression wrap is way tight and not comfortable. Observed bleeding through on the hip. Rolled up compression wrap and blood flowed quite bit. I put a maxi pad on it and rolled the wrap back down. Seems to have done the trick.

I plan on going back to work tomorrow. I have an office job. Follow up in two days. I'll try to post pics asap.

Going for follow up today. I went to work...

Going for follow up today. I went to work yesterday for about 7 hours - desk job. I took one pain tab when I got home. So far, I've only taken 4 pain tabs, and the rest of the time I've just taken tylenol. Worst part of this surgery is that I can't take a real shower until after the follow up today.

I've peeked under the compression wrap. I'm pretty bruised and seems to be about the same size as before due to the swelling. But again, I really didn't have a lot of fat to take out. Dr. care still good. They called and checked on me and called to remind of follow up. I will post more later.

2 day check up went fine. I am indeed fairly...

2 day check up went fine. I am indeed fairly bruised, particularly on the right hip. However, swelling is not too bad. I can already tell my love handles will be significantly reduced. As the Doctor said, "circumferencially you are good." The big question will be, how much will my skin tighten up? Only time will tell.

Now 3 days after surgery. Bruising is darker, but no additional swelling. I think I will try the homeopathic remedy arnica on the swelling. Pain is negligible. I'm not taking anything for pain, not even tylenol. Wearing the compression wrap is ... annoying, but I think it's probably very important. I do note that when I take it off I still have a couple of areas of skin that are numb (but not needles and pins).
Hammond Dermatologic Surgeon

Internet research. I had a discussion with a good neuro-surgeon friend regarding the type of procedure and what kind of doctor to look for.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in