Pleased So Far

An hour and a half a counting. I just had one...

An hour and a half a counting. I just had one syringe of Juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds and the downturned corners beneath my lips. So far I'm pleased: the results look natural. The skin looks smoother (but no freakishly smooth) and I look refreshed and about 3-4 years younger. I'm 45. The injections were tolerable. The doctor numbed me beforehand with a topical gel and then used an ice roller immediately before each injection.

Right now I'm using an icepack to minimize swelling. Out of aproximately 8 injections, one has already formed a small blue bruise. The other sites look good so far. Fingers crossed. I took Arinica beforehand, hoping to minimize bruising.

The proceedure took about thirty minutes in all (ten of those just waiting for the numbing agent to take effect). The doctor performs a lot of Juvederm injections and has had excellent results. She told me she's never had to use the dissolving agent to break up lumpy of misplaced Juvederm.

My recommendation are: 1) Choose an experienced doctor. 2) Only have injections in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines (too many people on this site have had poor experiences with lip and under-eye injections. 3) Allow yourself two days to recover. This is not a "do in your lunchtime and go back to work at 1pm" proceedure. 4) Be conservative. You can always go back for additional injections if you don't get the results you'd hoped for. 5) Choose an experienced doctor--yes I know I've said that twice.