Pleased So Far

An hour and a half a counting. I just had one...

An hour and a half a counting. I just had one syringe of Juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds and the downturned corners beneath my lips. So far I'm pleased: the results look natural. The skin looks smoother (but no freakishly smooth) and I look refreshed and about 3-4 years younger. I'm 45. The injections were tolerable. The doctor numbed me beforehand with a topical gel and then used an ice roller immediately before each injection.

Right now I'm using an icepack to minimize swelling. Out of aproximately 8 injections, one has already formed a small blue bruise. The other sites look good so far. Fingers crossed. I took Arinica beforehand, hoping to minimize bruising.

The proceedure took about thirty minutes in all (ten of those just waiting for the numbing agent to take effect). The doctor performs a lot of Juvederm injections and has had excellent results. She told me she's never had to use the dissolving agent to break up lumpy of misplaced Juvederm.

My recommendation are: 1) Choose an experienced doctor. 2) Only have injections in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines (too many people on this site have had poor experiences with lip and under-eye injections. 3) Allow yourself two days to recover. This is not a "do in your lunchtime and go back to work at 1pm" proceedure. 4) Be conservative. You can always go back for additional injections if you don't get the results you'd hoped for. 5) Choose an experienced doctor--yes I know I've said that twice.

Just wanted to post a quick comment in reply to something I read in this post. Just so you know, Juvederm product should not be iced or exposed to heat following the procedure. It can interfere with the product's effectiveness. Just so you know for next time! Good Luck ladies!
Thank you for the updates, I went through a simaliar experiance with Juviderm & botox. I actually liked the swelling and hoped that it would stay that way, nice & filled out but it didn't, just had one vial like you and saw mimimal but nice results for about half a year with Juvie & about 2 and a half months at most with the botox....I may have it again before my cousins wedding in a few months...:-)
Day 6: The swelling and bruises have gone and I think I'm now looking at the final results. The nasolabial folds are definitely less pronouced. The downturned corners of my mouth: can't say I see much improvement. As I only had one syringe of Juvderm injected in total, it might not have been sufficient to do both areas properly. Would I do it again? Yes. Would I recommend others do it? Only if they are absolutely certain they have an experienced facial/plastic surgeon. On day two, when I developed two swollen bumps at the injection sites, I realized how precious my face is to me. It's far better to be wrinkly than disfigured.
Day 4: The bruises are continuing to fade, and tomorrow I expect to leave the house without concealer. The swelling has now decreased considerably. I can see that some of the "plumping" I'd experienced over the past three days has been the result of the swelling, so the results are a little less pronounced than they initially were. Having said that I'm still pretty happy. The lines are softer. I would say my face looks natural and less tired. If I run my fingers down my nasolabial folds I can feel the filler (soft bumps under the skin) but I can't see it. Another observation is that smiling feels a little different, a little strained at the edges. As this sensation has been decreasing this may be due to the above-mentioned swelling. More tomorrow.
Day 3. Getting better. The swelling has gone down quite a bit overnight and the tissue around my mouth no longer feels tender. The two hard lumps are now much less pronounced. Three pinprick bruises at the injection sites still require concealer but are beginning to fade. Right now I'm quite pleased. My results are soft and natural--I still have lines but they are no longer deep traps for shadows. I look less tired and more alert. Younger? Perhaps. Refreshed would be a more realistic word. I'll say this again as it's important. You need at least a couple of days to recover from the proceedure. I was sore, tender, swollen, a little "shell shocked" by the injections themselves. Your body is receiving liquid implants: chances are it will react in some way.
Day 2: The morning after. I've got some swelling (assymetrical--more on one side than the other) and a little tenderness. The side that has swollen has developed two lumps. As these lumps did not exist yesterday immediately after the proceedure, I'm guessing they are a result of the swelling and not misplaced product. My appearance, despite the above mentioned swelling, is OK. I've been out and about with just a touch of concealer on the inection sites which are now small, dark pinpricks. The nasolobial folds have filled out naturally and look pretty good, so my only concern is the two lumps. Will keep you posted on their status.
Thank you posting your daily results. I am interested in this procedure. My dermatologist said I will need 1, perhaps 2, tubes. I am considering starting with one and adding an extra later. I would like the results to be unnoticed. Do you have before and after photos?