35 Yr Old, 3 Kids, Supportive Husband...ready get this over with – Pleasanton, CA

I've been wanting to do this since I had my 2nd...

I've been wanting to do this since I had my 2nd child but wanted more children and now after my 3rd I'm doing it! I'm nervous and excited! I do question myself once in awhile because I wonder if I could benefit by losing a lot more weight first. I do work out and eat healthy. I've lost all my baby weight from my 3rd pregnancy which was 5 years ago but I feel like I should/could lose more. I guess I'm just too impatient to wait until I get to my ideal weight. I currently weigh 185 and I'm 5'6. I'd like to be at 160. I'm hoping this mommy make over will help my confidence and over all body image so I can keep working towards my 160 goal weight. I do Insanity, run, lift weights, circuit training, elliptical and long walks with my kids. I think the hardest part for me will be waiting to work out again and waiting to be able to hold my kids again. I try not to beat myself up over the weight loss thing and accept that everything can't always happen in the perfect circumstances. As long as my procedure and recovery goes perfect, my weight loss and maintenance will be on going for me.

Contemplating a change in my procedure

I'm thinking about just doing a lift and not getting the implant. I haven't done any research on the difference but wondering if anyone here has? Or if you opted for that option? I don't think I want to deal with redoing them in the future. I have an appointment next Friday with my Doc so I will discuss with him.

3 weeks away!

I decided to go with no implants. I talked with my Doc and he said that was a great choice for me because I had plenty of breast tissue. I'm a 36 C currently and that been my size always except during my pregnancies. I'm really beating myself up over the fact that I haven't lost anymore weight. But the reality to my situation is that I'm not a "skinny" build woman. I've always been "curvy". I'm 5'6 and at my lightest weight as an adult which was 160, I was a size 8/10. Currently I'm a size 12 and weigh 190 lbs. I hope to drop to 185 in the next 3 weeks. Looking into buying a NutriBullet to start juicing before my MM. I want to do it for nutrients and help lose the last 5 lbs.
Dr. Eric T

Ugh.. Sorry all my excitement for you got me typing all crazy.. I was trying to say you can lose up to 25 pounds with this organic cleanse... :-)
lol, thank you for the info! I will definitely be checking it out.
Good luck on your mommy makeover. Yeah!!! I'm having mine On May 9th yikes!!! If you want to shed those last pounds I'm actually going to do the Chef V organic cleanse please check out her website. You can't actually lose u to 25pds I have already been doing her organic green drink that comes directly to my door every week fresh!!! Happy healing!!!!
Hi Erica, I am looking into doing a cleanse pre surgery. My mommy makeover is scheduled for May 7th. Are you doing the 3 or 5 day cleanse?
Hi Millie's mom, I'm actually going to probably do the 7 dy but no less then 5. They have a free trial for the green drink buy one week get one free. And check groupon they also have discounts for Chef V's products. Please let me know how it works for you :-)
Is anyone having after surgery nurse care? Not sure if necessary but would love suggestions..
Hi Erica2006, I sure will. Your MM is just 2 days after mine. All the best to you & praying for a speedy recovery for all of us!
Hi Millie's mom, thank you! All the best to you too. I will say a big prayer for all of us mommys making the big move and the ones healing now. Would love to see pics when your better ... Hugs!
Thank you Erica! Good luck to you too! I've been thinking about doing a cleanse too! I will check out Chef V. thanks for the info. How long is the cleanse you're doing?
opps..just read the comments below. :)
Hi Erica...I'm not having a nurse come over but a good friend will be staying with me to help out during my recovery. Mostly to help with my kids and help me move around.
I have my mommy makeover scheduled 5/21! I'm excited to follow your journey!
Thank you! We'll be recovering at the same time!
Im scheduled for my MM on may 22
ohh close to my surgery date! We'll be on the road to recovery together! Have you started prepping? I haven't and I really do need to start collecting my list of supplies.
No, I haven't started my shopping as of yet but I've been prepping as in trying to eat clean and working out religiously. BTW: did you consider Dr. Mariotti? I had 4 consults prior to choosing my PS. My preop is on 4/22 and I'll start purchasing my supplies thereafter.
I did consider him and tried to contact his office but didn't get a response. I had 4 consults also and had decided on a doctor prior to hearing about Dr. Mariotti. I stuck with my original choice because I didn't want to keep going to consult and consult then find myself indecisive or confused. I've been trying to eat clean too and fell off the exercise regimen for a few weeks but I'm back in business today! doing Insanity, weights and circuit training. 1 month to get myself super strong from the inside out!
Hi Mydream I had my surgery yesterday. I was all frantic about supplies and only ended buying food and Gatorade are. I wandered around Wal-Mart and only bought PJs with button front. However I don't need any supplies. If you have someone staying with you they will be able to go get things as you neef them I am staying in this binder until Thursday. Then I go to my post op appointment. If I need bandages creams etc hubby can run out to get them for me. So you may not want to buy too much
Also I haven't used the pjs as they sent me home in the binder and a robe. Which I am still wearing. I will most likely need scar cream and I also read about silicone strips for the incisions.
Hi Mydream. In my opinion eating clean and working out is the best we can do for ourselves right now. I'm on a roller coaster with my emotions because this time next month I will be 2 days post op. Is your tt drainless or with drains?
Hi, all the best to you. I am scheduled for May 7. Nervous and excited. I'm with Dr. Eric Mariotti in Concord.
I've heard great thing about Dr. Mariotti. I hope today went well! I hope you're road to recovery is fast and smooth. I will be checking in with you later. get rest!
Having a supportive husband makes all the difference! I have one of those too and he continues to help make my recovery smoother! Kudos to you for taking this step to becoming a better you!
Thank you so much! Its such a blessing to have a supportive husband. I know he is happy that I'm doing this for myself and happy I'm doing it for him too. lol I hope your recovery continues to go smooth and you enjoy the better you!
I'm glad you have a supportive man and are able to do this for yourself! And thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! I'll be looking forward to your updates. Here's a list of supplies that might come in handy for your recovery.