Disappointed, to Say the Least! - Pleasanton, CA

I recently had a facelift and was expecting to...

I recently had a facelift and was expecting to look refreshed and more youthful. There was little or no difference between the 'before' photos and how I now look. At 6 mos., the Doctor stated he could see a 'slight' improvement in the jawline. The first facelift I had 10 years ago took 20 years off my appearance. The Doctor offered to do a 2nd procedure to tighten things up. Am I disappointed right now, absoultely. The need to go through a 2nd procedure is not something I look forward to except that I will, hopefully, get the results I anticipated the first time. I will repost in May or June after the surgery.

I have known this surgeon for many years and have been fairly happy with the results for most procedures he has performed.

Do you have before and after photos to share???
Well.... what is the update??? Please post for us.
The revision surgery was done by tightening the skin a bit more. There was a noticeable difference for me but, not nearly what I expected. I plan to see another surgeon for his opinion, however I know how reluctant doctors are to criticize another doctor's work.

Oh no! I'm so sorry you weren't happy with your results. Was it a regular facelift you had or a mini lift of some sort?

I had a regular facelift by a prominent surgeon. As long as he makes things right, I will be able to move on. Right now, everytime I look in the mirror it makes me sad. I feel so sorry for anyone who has to go through this. I will definitely post anything new as well as the results of my 2nd surgery. Thanks.
Galgirll47 -- It is sad that you went through a surgery that didn't do much of anything, and now you have to face another FL. Believe me, it could be even sadder -- at least you don't look appreciably worse, as I did after each of 3 face surgeries, 1 "necklift," and 2 FLs. I look much worse now -- in every way -- than I did before any face surgery! And the surgeon who did the 2 FLs (Gutek) was in a hostile rage before the 1st FL and pulled my face DOWNWARD, then proposed a 2nd FL, in which he only lifted 1/2 way up, and it is still downward. (This has been readily seen by several surgeons since then.) I am now searching for a 4th FL, & most surgeons in the midwest are saying no. The only glimmer of a silver lining is that it is not PULLING DOWN AS HARD as it has been for the last 2 years. Can you believe that? That is the only silver lining I have. Anyway, I completely understand how you feel -- because I have suffered with a nightmare for 4 years, & I don't know if anyone will ever be able to improve it. I hope your 2nd FL fixes the problem. Have you asked him what went wrong and what he plans to do to fix the problem? If he mumbles around, I might be afraid the 2nd FL might not be what you hope for. That's what happened to me, but of course, I had a surgeon (Mr. Hate-filled Rage), who was a true psychopath, and surgeons like that are very rare (although they do exist).
Worryingly,this is becoming more common lately,and i had the same,i looked absolutely not a little bit better than i did before,if anything worse.!