Doing It 4/4/11 - Plano,TX

I am 47, male. I have always wanted to see my...

I am 47, male. I have always wanted to see my stomach muscles..and hopefully the SL will work. I am having upper/lower abs, love handles and mons done. I went to 4 consultations and chose the one where the Dr actually did the consultation and not a "pretty sales" lady.

I will update after the procedure.

Posting before pics. I ordered some...

Posting before pics. I ordered some "spanx" like shirts...does anyone know if these will be tight enough to wear while the compression garment is being washed or even good as a substitute for it?

Why were my pics deleted???

Why were my pics deleted???

Had my SL MPX yesterday. Procedure started at...

Had my SL MPX yesterday. Procedure started at 2:00pm and I was on my way home at 3:30. I had it done with no anesthesia or drugs. There was absolutely no pain during the whole procedure. It was just a really weird feeling at times. The best way I can describe it is it felt like a small massage ball with bumps on it being rolled over me. The Dr and his nurse were great during procedure. We mainly chatted about the college basketball tournament and the nurses choice of fingernail polish..the color is called "Private Jet" in case your wondering, and very pretty I might add.

I left the dr's office and came home to change as I had to coach my son's baseball game that evening. I never experienced any pain, just some mild discomfort from the compression vest I was wearing. I did drain a little bit and added some extra gauze they gave me when I got home. The vest made it a little uncomfortable for sleeping..but not too bad. This morning, I am a little sore. It's like other posts describe...feels like I did 100 crunches. I have to wear the compression vest or the compression wrap (they gave me both) all week and then for 12hrs next week. I did buy some spanx like compression shirts (RIPT brand) for $31ea on the internet that I will eventually wear in a couple weeks.

I have very little bruising and a little swelling. I started taking Arnica, Bromelain, and Vitamin C twice a day for 2 weeks prior as prescribed by my dr. If you're having lipo done...I highly recommend starting the Arnica and Bromelain early. You can find both at vitamin stores.

Day 3 - Adding pics. The 2nd post procedure I was...

Day 3 - Adding pics. The 2nd post procedure I was a little sore. But mainly only felt it when sitting and compression garment would bind against my skin. Feel perfectly fine today. Did 3mi on the treadmill today but had to stop because I was feeling a little woozy. Probably didn't hydrate enough. It looks like I have a little more bruising today. Still a bit swollen, especially around my belly button. I have my 7 day check up Mon 4/11 and should get before/after pics from doc. So far I am very satisfied. I can really tell a difference in my love handles and lower stomach. Just waiting for the swelling to go down.

Dr. Caruth

I met with the Dr and not a "sale lady" on the initial consultation. He is straight up with you and doesn't push the procedure on you..plus his prices are very reasonable compared to the other offices I visited.

I had my Smart lipo done in july of 2010. I still continue today to wear spanks on a daily basis, as when I stop for awhile I develope a small amount of edema in the very lower ab area. I did wear my compression garmet for 3 months post op as a precaution...the dr. did not say I had too. Yet I still get this little edema if I go days without the spanks. Overall I'm still very pleased with the outcome. Hope you are as well.
why does that happen? cant your doc fix it>
Well, It's like this.....I was told before the surgery to wear the compression garment for like 2 weeks...then "you can just wear spanx"....so I don't know now in hindsight if that meant for the rest of my life or for a period of time.

That being said, one of the possible side effects or risks is permanent edema....Granted what I do get without wearing spanx for a few days is not alot of edema..it still makes me alittle self consience.
Best of luch to you!!

my stage 2 garment i bought is great and tigher then stage one... go to this site {edited}

{Edited by Kirsty: Please do not link to third party sites}
I am not sure, I am a female that uses spanx, but I think you need more of a girdle, as spank shirts I dont think are tight enough. I saw them at dillards at willow bend mall on a table, maybe go try one on to see.

good luck, I had a similar experience, where i didnt even meet the doctor... just a sales lady
I ordered 3 "RipT" shirts made by Fusion. Received them a couple of days ago and have to say they are pretty tight. They are hard to get on and even harder to get off! The top part is snug cotton and from the chest down it is a spandex like material that holds me in quiet well. I don't have anything to compare the "tightness" to...but hopefully they will work!
can wait to see how it goes.. i posted pics and videos and plan to post more