Dr. L's Fat Grafts - Not Fat Just Clumps of Dead Tissue and Adhesions - Plano, TX

Dr. L injects you with DEAD tissue which leaves...

Dr. L injects you with DEAD tissue which leaves mainly adhesions and scar and underneath your skin which is irreversible. That bowl of yellow mushy gunk that he sucked out of you and injecting your face with is are not living tissue but is mostly dead, necrotic tissue. Studies showed genuine fat grafts do not last and Dr. L has never proven his own fat truly remains as "fat". All that leftover volume which did not reabsorb that you see 6 months later isn't living graft but dead tissue. Sadly it doesn't stop there. The dead tissue inside your skin isn't just from the clumps of yellow mushed up dead fatty mixture which he injects into you but its also from needle trauma from him ramming that needle aggressively in and out, and moving side to side slicing parts of your skin from the inside. There is nothing gentle about this slicing and dicing from the inside which is why he prefers general anesthesia to knock you right out completely whereas many other plastic surgeons are able to do it locally. His technique is so aggressive he just tons of scar which is permanent and can never be removed unless you go back in and cut out parts of your own natural skin. Once you go through fat graft with this man you've reached the point of no return. Dr. L is also foolishly promoting 5-FU when it isn't remotely useful for that amount of scar he injects his patients with, that dead tissue needs to be taken out surgically and even if you do it surgically you will only end up removing parts of your original tissue. To the unbelievers, get a biopsy of an area you were grafted and have it looked at by a state medical pathologist. Also any surgeon who inserts a needle back into your skin will definitely feel those hard adhesions and find it hard to maneuver that needle around because of all that resistance from the dead tissue.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

His fat grafts turn into dead tissue, its not a living graft.

In my opinion.... go to Beverly Hills and pay top $ to a doctor who is a "core-specialists" in Fat/Grafting AND BOARD CERTIFIED! don't take the risk!
I have the same problem as you. Stiffness and scar from fat transfer plus lumpiness. I wondered if a facelift approach would help. So sorry you're dealing with this horrendous problem.
What Doctor? Dr. Lam? Not everyone is a candidate for f/g - some doctor's don't exam well enough they just the $$$$...
Not Dr Lam. I went to a doctor in Beverly Hills. I would personally not go back to that area because the aesthetic is too strong for my tastes. I have a tiny thin face naturally and wanted to maintain a delicate look. So I think I was more of a candidate for fillers. They usually do fat to make more money. It gets very saggy and heavy looking after a while.
Who? What doctor in Beverly Hills? i dont want to make the same mistake....
What did the Beverly Hills doc charge you - full face?
where is the incision on your face?
Before you choose just message me and i'll tell you. It was at least 12k for the fat alone... the incision was in my nose.
Unoq - so let me try to understand your outcome... you had the f/g procedure 1 year ago and it is not working now? your doctor was Mark Glasgold?
Dr. Mark Glasgold did a fat transfer procedure to my face a few months ago and it turned out well. As expected-There are a few things to correct- But the fat in my face is soft and natural. I only wish there was more in certain areas. Dr. Mark explained that the fat would deflate considerably after 2 months and start coming back in about 6 months. He does another correction pass after one year. Thanks for letting other folks know about what happened to you. I feel your pain and am so sorry.
I'm happy to hear that you've chosen the right doctor. I don't really buy that fat deflates then comes back 6 months later, any volume that starts coming back is just dead tissue plus developing scar. I know you are only a few months out but for your own sake I hope nothing comes back because that won't be fat. I'm happy that the fat you had put in is soft like the rest of your skin and not stiff, good sign! Its so much better to do a correction pass than to have pieces of dead tissue scattered all over your face.
fatgraftdontdoit. Geez, I hope this works out well. Ulthera and laser ruined my full face and good skin. Prior to that dabacle, I only used a filler in my lips. I really hope nothing else bad happens to my face. This doctor did show me pictures of faces in different phases and he does specialize in fat transfer. The most difficult part for me was the liposuction. I was not thrilled with areas Doc chose for the fat removal-skin turns saggy too. Like I need any help with that problem. Areas still hurt when I work out. I am not overweight, just getting older. But restoring my face was the priority. I was referred to this Dr. by another plastic surgeon. My face is very soft and there are no hard areas. Well, I did have a spot where they used the canula ( may have that spelled wrong) in my cheek. Dr recommended a silicone scar gel. Hard spot went away and there is a minor dimple that appears to be getting better. So far my face is soft and my skin looks and feels better. I hope the fat stays in my chin and temples. This Dr does not use lasers in his practice. He stands behind his work and the correction pass was an important decison maker for me. Great staff too! Ah, I totally understand and feel your pain. Stay away from Ulthera and Co2 Lasers. I truly wish you the best and hope this gets better. Thanks again, for sharing your story. I want to save as many people as possible from ruining their face. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
who are the drs? what part of the country?. this doesn't help us if you can not give us detailed info. like what part of the country?
jeffnyc. We started with a string of comments and Dr, Mark Glasgold is mentioned. Glasgold Group in Highland Park, NJ. You can send a private email and get details from most posters commenting on this board.
I appreciate you sharing your experience with lasers. I feel like so many laser treatments are represented as a panacea for all the skin issues that ail you, but they downplay the fact that many people, like yourself, dont have good reactions. I have conversed with another Realself member here, a former laser technician, and she thinks lasers are terrible! Maybe there are no quick fixes for the skin! What really concerns me about fat transfer is what if I get it and walk out with pillow face or lumps and bumps that never go away. Its hard to get past that concern.
Update One Year later: 95% of the fat is gone. I have two very distinct scars on my face where the instrument was injected. My eye hollows and the center of my face where fat was lost was never touched. I do not have lumps, only a couple of hard spots and some dimpling from the instruments used. Fat was removed from the cheek of my right buttock, without my prior knowledge. I cannot sit for long periods of time without shifting my weight because it hurts. As you can see from my original posted comment, I was very optimistic; I trusted this doctor. Best of luck to anyone considering Fat Transfer.
Wow! Thanks for letting others know.
Sorry for your experience .....RESEARCH research research interviewing OVER N OVER! NVR HEARD OF HIM....BIG CLUE!
He is actually highly respected for his work with fat transfer. I suspect she did do her research.
Hmmmmm guess he's a hit n miss but details n pics would help as stated above! But most important for our rs sister she is alive n well and thinking positive!
No he is not respected for his work, he is not even a board certified plastic surgeon, he is an otolaryngologist who did one yr fellowship in facial plastic surgery and apparently that automatically makes him a "facial" plastic surgeon. Certainly nowhere near the 5 plus years that board certified plastic surgeons have trained in!
Dr. Samuel Lam is well advertised on YouTube videos thats not monitored regulated by the US Medical board, he is not respected by experienced plastic surgeons at all.
It's true, he comes across as a salesman on his videos. I mean the odd video is OK but he seems to have loads? Fatgraftdontdoit, I have found out recently that there are cryolipolysis handles for the face and ultrasonic cavitation. Would you consider an aggressive course of something like this? Also, I found out that fat grafting can definitely cause the skin to detach from the muscles, causing your face to look and feel like you're wearing a mask that's falling off. A maxillofacial doctor told me that it had disrupted the way my skin draped across my facial bone and that the muscles looked to be detaching from my cheek area and pushing the skin outwards in a mask-like fashion. I wish that a face lift could fix something like this but the thing is, it all looks so superficial and not in the right layer of tissue for a face lift. I am worried about the ongoing muscle damage caused by this fat grafting and really want it removed. It gets worse and worse as time goes on...