Cottontop's Fat Transfer Experience - Plano, TX

Friends teased that if I had more fat in my face,...

Friends teased that if I had more fat in my face, I wouldn't have so many wrinkles. Fat transfer made a big difference for me. My hands and face were injected with fat taken from ab and hips.

Pros were it was a minor procedure, with no pain, no more nervous than if you were having a dental procedure, excellent results.

Cons, face was swollen for approximately 2-weeks, however, it was more obvious to me than anyone else, as no one asked if my face was swollen during this time period and I was with family and friends on more than one occasion. Dr. C is excellent.

It is difficult to see from the pics the...

It is difficult to see from the pics the difference the fat injections made on my hands, but there is a difference. My hands were the first to start showing my age, as working in the yard is a big hobby and I was never good about taking care of my skin, especially my hands. Never good about keeping them lotioned up during cold, dry seasons. After the fat injections my hands really seemed dry, so every night for at least 1-week, I rubbed Aquaphor (Eucerin Healing Ointment) on them before going to bed. You can put socks over your hands to keep the ointment from getting on your bedding. This is an over-the-counter oinment that Dr. Caruth recommended using on my face after the Co2 treatment over 1-year ago.

Dr. Jeffrey Caruth

Hello Cottontop,

I'm considering this procedure. When the fat was taken from your abs and hips, was there any scarring?

I'm also curious to hear about your CO2 laser treatment. I have had fraxel re:store which is a non-ablative procedure. The results were modest but I'm 33 and have been wearing sunscreen obsessively since I was a junior in high school. That said, I was wondering if you experienced any loss of color in your face from the laser?

Thank you so much for your posting, explanation, and informing us of your physician. Even though I live in CT, I plan to keep Dr. C in mind.
You had fat transfer a year ago so why only do you show a photo of yourself one month out, when you still have a lot of swelling??? could you post a current photo?
I really hope that it work for you. I will be thinking about you and hoping for your best especially during recovery. Please keep me [posted. Have a great day.
Thanks for your kind words. I am 3 weeks post face lift and fat transfer to the hands and its my first day back in work. Everything went well, and there was no complications with my surgery but its early days yet. I am pleased so far. My face is still bruised, but I have managed to hide it with heavy makeup.

As regards the fat transfer. The PS took fat from my stomach for my hands. I was thinking of having the fat taken from my 'love handles' but the PS recommended taking it from my lower abdomen. I thought he would just take enough for the hands which I beleive was 30cc each hand. I got the added bonus of having full lipo on my stomach.

My hands were bruised, but yellow rather than purple and as I have olive skin, the bruising did not show up much. My hands were swollen and tender. The swelling is going down and my hands still look plump (but less than at first) - so not sure if this is the fat or the swelling. The PS said it will be 2-3 months before I will see the final results. There are some uneven areas - like lumpy areas, but these are not really noticeable. The PS said to massage my hands daily. Even if the lumpiness stays, I think my hands look better than they did. The PS said I could repeat the process if needs be but he did say that even though some of the fat will be rejected, not all of it should go. Well we will see - I will keep you posted.
It seem very suspicious to me that there are not recent photos. Too many people's lives have been messed up with the fat transfers. I had it myself and it was a disaster.
Update 19 12 11 - fat transfer to hands progress

It has now been 3 months since my fat transfer to hands and I promised to let you all know how it was going. Well I am delighted to say that the fat is still very much in evidence and my hands look so much better than they did before. I will post another update after 6 months.
Why was yours a disaster? I thought you said earlier that your FT didn't last??
Oddly enough, I had no bruising. The swelling lasted about 7 days then I looked identical to what I looked like before I wasted 6 months of my salary. This technique has not been perfected and many even well known plastic surgeons are doing it and leaving the customer with no results( the fat does not last) or with lumps as fats naturally lumps and then one will look older. I am not trying to scare you away , but this ruined me and many others. It is very easy for a doctor to suction fat and reinject, but the fat does not thrive in the new area. I seen the best doctors too and they do not even have impressive before and after photo and tend to use a stock photo.
Hi You Scare Me

Thanks for the information.

I did think about having fat transfer to my eye hollows, but with all the scary stories about lumps it did put me off doing so. I am having a face lift and the fat transfer to hands is at the same time. I am not having any fat in my face. I will report back whether the fat transfer to hands was successful or a complete waste of time and money. I will give it a go, but not very confident as I have also seen photos of hands on the net and most of them don't look any different.
I had fat transfer to my face and hands and I look exactly the same. It was a total waste.
Hi You scare me. Sorry to here that. I do hope mine is more successful, but from what I have read it is all a bit hit and miss with fat transfer. I am only having mine done to my hands. Did you suffer a lot of bruising and swelling to your hands. Have you thought about going back to get more fat put in?
You look really good after the fat transfer. I am having fat transfer to my hands on the 22nd Sept. Did you have a lot of bruising and swelling to your hands afterwards. Did you think it was worth it. There is not much information on the web about fat transfer to hands.
Where did you have the fat placed? I can not see any difference.
good job !
Where exactly did you get your fat transfer? Cheeks, forehead, eyes?

Hi cottontop -- Thanks for sharing your fat transfer experience. You look great! Was it painful?

Thank you. No, it was not painful. I did feel the pulling during the lipo, but not painful.