First IPL Treatment! - Plainfield, IN

I just got home a little while ago from having my...

I just got home a little while ago from having my first ipl treatment done. It cost $600 for a 3 treatment package at my dermatologist. I have fair skin with many freckles as well as dark spots on my cheeks and im only 21. I have read plenty of reviews on here and was nervous about the procedure because of the horror stories, but I knew it was my only option since I've tried lightening creams with no luck!

I have a fairly high pain tolerance but I must say it HURT!! I jumped every time the light went off! Felt like a VERY strong rubber band snap! My face now feels like a sunburn...a cool rag or ice pack is helping!

Keep the updates and pictures coming. We definitely want to see your final results.  The rubber band snap does not sound like it feels good at all!

It's been 5 days since my first IPL treatment! It...

It's been 5 days since my first IPL treatment! It wasn't until the end of the 3rd and 4th day that my freckles and spots started to come off. I have been using Cera Ve face wash and moisturizing lotion on my face daily. My doctor told me the main thing was to stay moisturized, so I have been! I would definitely recommend the brand Cera Ve to everyone because it's good for sensitive skin and has made my face so smooth! :)
As you can tell IPL has made a huge difference already with only one treatment! I will likely wait a few months before having another treatment. I will try and stay updated to any changes on here, but so far so good! :)

What was the laser they used?
Im not sure what its called other than the procedure is called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Thank you for posting! I am going Thursday for the same problems and I am excited! Cant wait to see more pictures!
Micheala

I know several people that go there and love it!