Breast Augmentation - Great Experience! - Plainfield, IL

I only wish I had done it sooner! I had my breast...

I only wish I had done it sooner! I had my breast augmentation done 2 weeks ago. I had a very good experience. I truly expected to be in pain and it was just like pressure and soreness, not pain. I wanted breast augmentation, because I had breast fed for a year and my breasts were really saggy. I love my new breasts! I have a lot more self-confidence.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I was referrered by a few friends that had breast reductions and highly recommended Dr. Burt. I then followed-up with a lot of on-line research and made a list of my questions before I went to see Dr. Burt to make sure all of my questions were answered. I wanted to be very thorough before my final decision. I was so confident after meeting Dr. Burt that I had no further hesitation or concern. Dr. Burt is extremely knowledgeable, she explains everything thoroughly and makes you feel very comfortable. Now I have several friends that are planning to go see Dr. Burt. She really guided me through the entire experience, I highly recommend her!

Thanks for sharing, I just had my first consultation with Dr. Burt today and she was amazing! Im so comfortable with her I don't think I need to go to another consultation. The only issue is its a bit pricy for the area. (7000 for just a breast augmentation)
Hi! I'm having a lift and silicone implant with Dr. Tripiti Burt in a week and a half. Also doing lipo if I can get myself of the fear of it! Glad to hear you're happy with the results so far!
It's been almost 4 weeks now and I'm thrilled! Dr. Burt is wonderful!
Thank you for you post :) I am actually doing another preop tomorrow to talk about the lipo I'm scheduled for also. No fear of the breast lift/augment though!
Thanks for sharing. I am scheduled for my breast augmentation surgery in April and am currently making a list of MORE questions to ask my doctor. I am super excited but also NERVOUS. Mostly about the worst case scenarios, which I plan to go over with my Dr. in a couple weeks. Can you suggest any questions I should ask her that helped with your final decision??
I'm thrilled with the decision I made. I am very happy with the outcome and I really had a great experience! I don't have my notes, but I asked a lot of questions about my Dr's experience, etc. I had alread researched her on-line & had friends who were very happy with their experience with her. She made me feel very comfortable from the moment I met her. Feeling confident & comfortable with your Dr is the most important. My Dr was very thorough about explaining the entire process, so she answered a lot of questions before I even asked them. After discussing everything with her I went with saline instead of silicone, under the muscle and she recommended the incision be in the fold/under the breast. I would suggest talking about what type of implant (I felt more comfortable with saline & my Dr said because we decided under the muscle & I had enough tissue that it wouldn't be that big of a diff) Saline was more cost effective and I felt less risky, discuss under the muscle or not, where incision will be. We talked about how long they would last, warranty etc. My Dr had certain meds & birth control, advil etc that I could not take for 2 weeks before & 2 weeks after. She had me take antibiotics, a pill to reduce swelling & brusing, muscle relaxer, pain meds and regular icing with bags of peas after the procedure. I took notes & did everything she told me to do. I had my procedure on a Friday and went to a friends for Super Bowl 2 days later on Sunday. I really had a good experience. I think it helped that I expected extreme pain, so then it didn't seem so bad. More of a tight sore feeling...not pain. Follow the Dr instructions. When I went back 3 days later for my follow-up my Dr was thrilled. She said I was doing what I was supposed to & I had no bruising and very minimal swelling. Good luck to you!!
Thanks! Yes, I will also be having saline implants under the breast, and incisions under the breast fold. I do feel very confident about my doctor. She has been specializing in breast augmentation for 11 years. I will make sure to take notes at my preop appointment. I am meeting with her in a couple weeks to go over some more questions I have...about the warranty, variables that could increase risks for ruptures, scarring, and infection. Your experience is reassuring, so thank you for sharing!
You're welcome! Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. My Dr also helped me with size & look I wanted. She had me cut photos out of VS catalogue, so she could see if I was looking for a sexy look, athletic, type of cleavage etc. Also, she made a suggestion on size based on my body type. She suggested a cup & 1/2 & had me put a cup & a 1/2 of rice in a knee high nylon & tie it then add it to my bra to see if it was about the size I was looking for. Also, I wanted mine more tear drop shape for a natural look, not just round. I never knew there was so much to think about shape, how high, how much cleavage, etc.
Will do. My Dr said she did not like to use the tear drop saline implants- I had asked about them because I like the natural shape as well. She said the round implants implanted under the muscle will look more natural. I also read that the tear drop shape is riskier...Of course, I told her I still plan on having children and want a smaller sized implant (athletic). I am 5'5" and weigh about 115lbs. I'm a small B cup (sometimes A cup) and think I want to go up to a full C cup. What size, shape, ect. did you end up choosing? I think I will try out the rice idea! I am SO excited!!
I am done having kids, so I wanted more of a natural sexy look, with some cleavage, but not too much or too high. Sexy...not sleezy lol. I actually don't know the final shape she put in for the implant. I just didn't want them to look unnatural & they don't...I love them! My Dr said they continue to progress after surgery. Doesn't really make sense, but they progress like another 10%. She said I will end up a full C or small D and I am 5'4". I was a small B. My biggest issue was that I breast fed for a year, so the little bit that I did have was really just saggy skin. I'm so happy with the outcome...it really boosts the self esteem!
Glad you are happy with the results:) I looked at pics of the progression from 1 month to 6 months to 6 years after a surgery (done by my Dr) and they looked even better 6 years later. After 6 months they looked fully "dropped" and natural. How do yours look 2 weeks after surgery? Much bruising?
At my follow-up the Monday after my Friday surgery my Dr said she gave me an A+ for doing what I was supposed to. There was a medication I had to take 3 times a day for brusing & swelling & I followed her instructions for icing. I did not have any bruising and very little swelling. I'm thrilled with how they look already. I feel pressure at times, because of the progression. I still have activity & lifting restrictions. In my experience it was a breeze since I did all of the things I was supposed to. I took notes, made a list, reviewed it before my procedure, had meds filled & ready to go, had pillows ready to prop up and had my bags of peas ready in the freezer. I tried to make sure I had it all set for what I was supposed to do.

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you're pleased with your results.