Pixel Resurfacing on my Face Today

I just had Pixel resurfacing done today. I was...

I just had Pixel resurfacing done today. I was apprehensive at first because I thought it would be really painful. I made sure I took some pain medication before I had the procedure done and now I'm glad I did. It did hurt a little bit but not too much where I would say I gotta get out of here kind of feeling. It was actually okay and surprised that I made it alright and not crying in pain.

Of course right now my face look like an overcooked pork rind and I feel a little sting all over my face but not too bad. We'll see how it feels and look tomorrow.

Michael Mall

morning after my pixel treatment and everything seems like its going according to plan, but can anyone suggest a moisturizing cream to use with spf?? The stuff I put on my face this morning after my shower had me dancing around the house for 15 minutes, it almost felt like I was under the laser again.
Just had my Harmonie pixel done today and i must say its some amazing stuff. I am a 41 y.o. male and my skin really was not bad at all. No serious scars or acne, I just wanted my youth back. Painful? Yes. The Doc asked me how aggressive do you what me to be, I said I can take it all and she set it for 25,000, the max. I am not going to lie, loratab, a bar and face numbing cream probably helped but I was squirming on the table the whole time. Yes, I am a red lobster for now but very much anticipating the results to come.
I am wondering if anyone have done a Pearl Fractional Laser? If you have, will you share us your thoughts and advice? I am schedule to have the Pearl Fractional Laser a month from now. I was very excited until I read some of the reviews, and now I have second thought.
Am going for pixel treatment today and wondering if I'm in my right mind after reading posts!
Hi!I completely agree with you. I was going to do it, and now am having second thoughts. How did your treatment go? Tracy
Thanks for all the info and updates!!! Im still extremely happy with my results and again it could take up to a year to see the full results. Its been 2 months since my last procedure and for once i dont mind looking in the mirror, smooth babylike skin is nice to see. Good luck again everyone!
I am on second day of my pixel perfect laser treatment to my face. The first night there was no pain but my face was somewhat throbbing. Today I am blotchy red but have absolutely no pain, just some tightness. I was able to wash my face and reapply the aquaphor and take a shower. Under my eyes is still puffy and I have some swelling in my face, but overall it is better than yesterday. I would not venture out again today, I look kind of scary but if I HAD to, I could probably cover some of the reddness up with makeup. I will post again tomorrow.
I just had the pixel done yesterday. I had some pain yesterday afterwards. The treatment was only mildy uncomfortable because she put a numbing agent on first. She also went over my face 3 times with the pixels. Today my skin just looks overcooked, no pain. But I wouldn't go out in public yet. I was worried about post-recovery and pain, but not bad at all and I'm sure from what I heard, it'll be worth it in a few days.
Thanks ladies! Will touch bases after the 15th! Maria
I had the Alma's Pixel 2940nm Er:YAG Module done on mine.I don't know if it's the original Pixel or the Pixel perfect. The day before Thanksgiving was my first of the four treatment. She started first around my eyes because she said it was the most difficult to do and most patient found it uncomfortable. She did the eyelids and around the eye. If I had followed instructions to sleep in upright position I probably didn't have such a swollen eyes and face. But, like Tracy said about having a brand new skin emerging so rapidly is rewarding. It gives me a refreshing and confident feeling I didn't have before. Best of luck to your treatment on the 15th Maria. Will wait for your comment soon. Thanks!
Hi Tracy! The original Pixel uses fractionalized erbium laser, and Pixel perfect uses fractionalized CO2 laser, (according to the brochures and info I've read). I did have some of the original treatments done and liked the result, but I am told that the Pixel Perfect ones are even better because of the different laser type and they do penetrate a little deeper, which yields greater correction. I am being treated on the 15th, so I'll be sure to post how I think the two types compare. They can treat the eyelids if you are willing to wear a protective contact lens, (I'm a little weirded out by that thought, but the desire to tighten the eyelid skin out-weighs being freaked out over contact lenses for a few minutes)...I'm excited but also a little nervous...More after the tx!!
Hi maria, i havent heard of the Pixel Perfect, id be interested in hearing how it differs from the original Pixel laser. I cant see how they could laser the eyelids, in fact i had patches over my eyes everytime i had my treatments to protect my eyes. I did have my neck done a couple times, for skin discoloration i had not for wrinkles or skin tightening, it helped the discoloration ALOT. And with each treatment id say by day 4 you'd be ready to go out in public, i did attend my family Thanksgiving gathering this year which was the 4th day post treatment and i was only a little pink (and this was after my very highest treatment setting so i was ALOT redder than the others). Good Luck, if you know the differences between the Pixel and the Pixel Perfect please share THANKS!! Tracy
Yea my skin feels awesome too, like a babies skin. My scarring is so much improved and i had really bad discoloration and my skin is totally evened out and looks like brand new skin. I still have time to wait for the final results but they can only get better and i seriously think Pixel saved me from a life of being a hermit. I never went anywhere and when i did i was mortified of running into anyone i had grown up with, my scarring was because of adult acne starting after i was 30yrs old. Now i can actually leave the house without makeup!!! I think we both made a excellent decision with the Pixel, dont you?? Congrats again and have a great Holiday Season. Tracy
Did you ladies have the original Pixel treatment or Pixel Perfect done? I have had a few of the original Pixel treatments done, but I am now signed up for the new Pixel Perfect in a few weeks, and I have heard that it's more intense. Did you both have eyelids and neck done as well as face? How many days until you felt "presentable" again? Thanks for your reply!
Thank you Tracy. You are so right. I can see a big difference with my pixeled skin. I don't remember ever looking at my face and spending much time in the mirror before. Now,I can say it is so worth doing it and will do it again.For anyone that are thinking of having it done, go for it. It took me months to decide. I read and asked a lot about it until I've reached my comfort level and overcome my fear since I must have a near zero pain tolerance.I feel great that it looks nice and feels NICE!
Congrats balboa, dont worry it will only get better with time. Ive had 5 pixel treatments done, the last one 5 days ago, i cant wait for the results, andl if waiting is the hardest part ill take it. Good Luck :-)
Thank you EllieC. Day 2,still miserable and worried now. I wonder what am I doing to myself, and what if these black gridlines on my face will stay, then I'm really screwed. I look like one of those characters in horror movies. Day 3, Every night I took 2 advil to relieve me of aches and pains and it helped a lot. I use cold water to rinse my face and spread this shiny balm all over that a fly would get scared to be near me afraid of getting stuck in it. The puffiness and redness are slowly fading away. I am peeling massively. I can see the new skin. It is clear and smooth. I'm a little happy now and relieved that this Pixel procedure actually works. My face looks funny still but I got couple of days to hide.
Hi balboa, poor you. Hope you feel better soon and then you can have belated thanksgiving in style :)