Pixel Perfect CO2 Laser on my Face

Today I had the pixel perfect fractionated co2...

Today I had the pixel perfect fractionated co2 laser treatment on my face. I want to improve fine lines, acne scars and pore size on my face. I went to a trusted dermatologist that I had been to for other procedures.

They gave me a topical anesthetic to apply before I went and then they reapplied the anesthetic when I arrived at the office. The doctor also injected an anesthetic into areas of my face with more nerves endings (forehead, cheeks, and chin) to help with the pain. In those areas the treatment did not hurt. I did find that it was painful along the outside of my face and on my nose. There are areas she zaps with the laser and there is a burning sensation along with a smell of burning flesh associated with the procedure (which is to be expected, I guess).

It was not horrible, but at this point I am not sure if I will do this again, I want to wait for the results. If the results outweigh the pain, then maybe. After the procedure, my face is swollen and feels like a bad sunburn. After a few hours the burning sensation subsided quite a bit and now my skin just feels tight. I have to remain in the house since I look red and puffy and I have to keep aquafor goo all over my face for the first 24 hours.

I am posting this since there is not much information on the internet on pixel perfect so I wanted to pass along the information.

Hi, thank you for sharing, u did it few years ago, how do u like results?
I would like to know how you like your results now that it has been about 5 months.
Hi, thank you for sharing, u did it few years ago, how do u like results?
Can you update on your healing process?
I am on my third day post pixel perfect laser. My skin is still a little red and there is some swelling under my eyes. I showered this morning and I was able to gently exfoliate some of the dead skin off of my cheeks with my hands. It rubbed off without any effort so I assumed it was ready to come off. I still have areas that are dry and somewhat leathery that will look better when the skin peels. On my cheeks I see some improvement of the pore size. I am able to wear makeup today but I am still kind of blotchy. I hope this helps.