Scary Side Effects

I had a pixel laser on my heavily wrinkled hands....

I had a pixel laser on my heavily wrinkled hands. I am 46 and in good health. According to all the websites and the doctor's office where I had the procedure done, my hands would return to normal within about 5-8 days. It has been a month and my hands are bright red with burn spots. It looks like I am wearing red gloves.

Now, I did try to use tazorac on my hands on day 7 and when they got itchy I washed it off. The doctor is claiming that is why my hands turned red and will stay that way for awhile. If that is true, he should have given that warning in the aftercare procedures.

I also had the pixel on my face once. 3 days of swelling and not being unable to go outside followed by everything pretty much cleared up. No results at all from doing it one time. Frankly, the medium chemical peel would have been the better way to go. Yes, you have 10 days of downtime. But the truth is, you get results for what should cost about $500 - $750. With Pixel, you will spend a lot of money -- $350 x 5 visits and you will still have down time each time -- three days per visit. It won't be at once, but it will be spread out. (And if you think you can just do this on a weekend, you are wrong. You need 3 days to look normal.)

So for my money, a time tested regular chemical peel is the way to go.

I'm having a full face pixel laser in 2 weeks with a follow up of Neostrata chemical peel every 2 weeks after the initial pixel laser. They recommend 12 chemical peel every 2 weeks. Has anyone had this procedure done and were they happy about it. I'm really scared to have the pixel as I don't like pain. I am 76 years old and not sure if I should be doing this.
I had my first Pixel treatment today on my face. Not particularly painful, just like severe sunburn afterwards. After 2 hours my face blew up like a balloon! I raced back to the cosmetician who provided an injection and oral medication. I've seen no change to this swelling and still look terribly like a monster! Not particularly happy!
I'm having mine in 2 weeks and pretty scared as I keep hearing about all these stories. At least I have a few weeks to back out.
I had the Pixel done on my upper lip today! It did hurt and afterwards it got really red and swollen! I've been putting the healing cream they gave me on it to keep it moist! Also, you can see the "grid" marks so makeup didn't cover it up, it just made the grid marks more pronounced. I plan on having 2 more treatments 4 weeks apart to get rid of lip lines starting to form above my upper lip! I'm 45 yrs. old and a nonsmoker but those new wrinkles were starting to bother me. Doctor recommended the Pixel to treat it!
I am a huge fan of the pixel laser. I have had 5 treatments and my skin had improve alot. I have less wrinkles and no dark spots and my friends are constantly asking me what I had done...is it worth it? definately!
Can you go outside walking if you have protective eyewear on after having the treatment? I had the treatment done and cannot use sunscreen for a few days but would like to be able to go outside walking. The laser was done on my eye area (peri-orbital). I was told that I must be homebound during the daytime for 5 days.
i read all your comments and it helps me a lot, i will be having my laser treatment this coming thursday and im scared already coz i may not be able to go to work after 2 days =( just like you i also have light brown skin coz im also asian. I am excited as well because id be able to see better result than chemical peel
I had only one treatment. There was no improvement and I'v had little bumps now for a year. It was really a waste of money.
Hi, any more successes with the pixel laser? I just had my first one done today and my face is scary right now! I hope to see improvement soon but I know that I must be patient!
Hi sharon, Thanks for that info, was really good to hear. im think of doing this for shallow scars on my left cheek. Its not that visable at the moment, like you said. you can notice it! Keep us up to date after you finish the 5. Kind regards Vish
Hi, I am thinking of having the Pixel Laser but one thing i am quite concerned about is I am asian with lightish brown skin with very bad acne scarring.... please, anyone if you think this will be ok for my skin i would very much appreciate anyones feedback... Thank you Saddak
Hi Saddak, I just had my 3rd pixel laser treatment for acne scarring two days ago. I am asian and light brown skin like yourself. This so far has been really worth it. The first treatment I had was on March 3rd, second treatment was March 31st, and 3rd treatment was May 12th. Since my first treatment, I really started seeing a difference in the scarring at the 2 and a half month mark and is still getting better week after week. Just know that through this whole course you are going to notice changes in your skin. There are times I have noticed a few new lines on my face but then after a few days they go away. I do believe it is the collagen beneath repairing itself to give your skin a more fuller and smoother texture. Everytime I have had the procedure done it has taken up to 6 days before I can go in public. Majority of the redness goes away the first 24 hours but then the pixel grids start turning really dark where I can't even cover it with make up. I do not leave the house at all for the first 6 days. Plus, your skin will get really dry and tight as it is healing. The dark pixels start sloughing off at day 4 and 5. By the end of day 6, it is practically gone. This has been my personal experience so far. I also do notice that I do look younger. I really was never concerned about that because I look younger than my age to begin with. I guess you can say that it is just an added bonus. My acne scarring is still there but it is a lot softer where people don't notice it at all. I am probably the only one that notices it because I look at my skin microscopically every day. Then again, I am sure most people are like that about themselves. Hope this helps! Sharon
I am considering this procedure and I would love some feedback on people that have had it done. I will be paying $3,500 for my face and neck (pixel) with chest sun damage removal. Any comments?
I just did Pixel combined with ND:Yag for the first time 2 weeks ago. My concerns are some wrinkles I wanted a general firming of my entire face. Did not hurt much but after I was bright red with my face feeling really hot and burning (like a sunburn) for a day. A darkening or bronzeing of the skin followed by peeling. I was at home for 5 days. Result was much softer skin and more refined. Hopefully after about another 3 sessions spaced monthly I'd see more dramatic results. I am not sure if the procedure aggravated my acne though because I've been having 5 big ones come up the past 2 weeks. I don't feel anymore coming up so I'm not sure. The price you are paying seems quite steep but seeing that we're in different countries, maybe it's just the market rate. The price I pay is quite high because the surgeon I'm seeing operates quite exclusively.
I had it done and now I have a darkening of my upper lip!! It looks like I have a mustache !!