I'm Wondering if I'm Going to Develop an Addiction to Cosmetic Correction Now -Pittsfield, MA

I had a tummy tuck with Dr Michaels. The whole...

I had a tummy tuck with Dr Michaels. The whole process was really easy, I felt comfortable with him, and I went from pre-op to table in less than two weeks (my choice.) everyone was very kind and I felt supported. Recovery was very manageable with a pain pump/ I did not take pain killers. There was no compression garment as I did not have lipo done, just plication and excise of skin. The drains are still in, hopefully one is coming out tmrw (the surgery was last Friday 4/22, my post op is Tuesday 4/26)

I've noticed I've been thinking more and more about getting a nose job whichever never occurred to me before because I was only thinking about my tummy. Is there a chance I could become one of those people, upon realizing how easy and bearable these procedures are, to start with the rhinoplasties and chin implants and liposuctions everywhere?

I know I'm not perfect, but now that I've fixed what was bothering me most, I'm realizing that there's an awful lot left to fix all of a sudden. This is freaking me out. I did not expect to respond this way at all.

Massachusetts Plastic Surgeon

On real self

I understand the feeling. Its like, ok my stomach bothered me sooooo much now that's gone my breasts, neck, eyes, brows, inner thighs....all could be better. Lo.! Hey its our body and if it makes you happy. Glad to hear your recovery is going well , post some pictures!
Will post as soon as I can stand up and hold a camera! My doc doesn't use compression garments so I have to hold my stomach for support!!! Just got my drains taken out today... Phew Also, just so you know I read your story and I want you to know I was/am alone at home for most of my recovery. I'm a single mom, so I was able to convince my son's dad to take him for one week (with great difficulty) - but otherwise I too live in a very rural area far from most of my friends. Hang in there! I've been using meditative breathing, and of course watching my favorite movies etc. I had my surgery because my muscles separated during pregnancy and I developed an umbilical hernia... But I also had a ton of excess skin. A TON. It was SO gross. I had no lipo done, and there are still stretch marks on my tummy, but to be honest I do not give a crap what I end up looking like as long as u don't have three rolls of skin when I sit down. And I think I talked myself out of the whole plastic surgery addiction thing. After all, it sucks being incapacitated doesn't it? Especially having a kid and a demanding career.