Somewhat Painful, but Great Results! - Pittsburgh, PA

I was aware of the "zingers" felt by those before...

I was aware of the "zingers" felt by those before and after the treatment as the office staff at Aspen Dental warned me prior to making the appointment for the whitening. Prior to my appointment I took 600mg of Ibuprofen. I did 3 cycles on high and started feeling the zingers in the middle of the 3rd cycle. The zingers are not unbearable, although they do catch you off guard! I about jumped out of my chair when I felt the first one. I opted out of the 4th cycle because the hygienist showed me my results and I was really happy with them, and because I have sensitive teeth so I didn't want to push my luck. My teeth are probably about 8 shades lighter only doing 3 cycles! On my way home from the dentist I had a few zingers but nothing unbearable. After I got home I took a nap and when I woke up I had a constant ache for the rest of the night. When I woke up the next day my teeth felt completely normal again! All in all I am very happy with the results and would do the zoom whitening again. I had no problems with blistering gums or anything else and would recommend this whitening to others if they don't mind moderate tooth pain for a day or so.

Hi!  Thanks for writing a review.  I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions...namely, how did they prepare your mouth for the treatment?  And how long were the cycles?  And did they recommend the Ibuprofen?

Aspen Dental