A Slow Process

This is an expensive treatment. It is also going...

This is an expensive treatment. It is also going slow for me. Those are the worst cons, plus a disappointing experience with the first provider.

I have had five treatments so far and have one more scheduled soon. You get what you pay for. The first place I had removal done I went to for three treatments. They were cheap but I didn't feel comfortable with the woman doing the removal. They rented the laser and she didn't know much about it. She also made stupid comments about my tattoo trying to be funny. It only made me feel more embarrassed about being there. Also, they didn't provide numbing and it's a big, dense tattoo so it hurts really bad - and one time she tried to send me out without a dressing! Basically she kept changing the aftercare recommendations, and was about to get started once without giving me glasses. So I left and went to another place. Moral of the story is to be choosy with where you get treatments! Go where you get consistent treatment advice about aftercare and a professional demeanor. And if you really want the tattoo removed, don't get discouraged if you have a session without a lot of fading. I hear this isn't too uncommon.

I saw the most fading after the first treatment. I guess that grey comes out pretty easily. After that I've seen the line work starting to break up and fade in places. The place I go now sends me home with an ice pack so blisters are normal and manageable. I do a steroid cream, vinegar wash, a little peroxide, and lots of aquaphor. Oh, and I keep it out of the sun religiously.

I'm getting it removed because I don't like it. It wasn't a good decision and I'm in a different place in my life now. I've been wearing long sleeves to cover it from the sun during treatment and also to hide it in certain settings where forearm tattoos aren't acceptable and I don't want to do that for the rest of my life! Hopefully the summer will be carefree again soon :)

Aesthetic Laser

They are great with after care and they have experience doing the treatments. They also offer numbing that works. The difference is incredible. Friendly and knowledgable staff, also reasonably priced.