Worth It but Be Prepared for a Follow-up

The healing process was relatively painless. ...

The healing process was relatively painless. There were some headaches that required pain medicine and of course bruising around the eyes. Tenderness lasted for 6+ months. I had rhinoplasty surgery 12 years ago when I was a senior in high school and chose a surgeon from the plastic surgery department at the hospital. There wasn't a lot of opportunity to see doctors' work then. I was very insecure about my large, downturned nose, so I was thrilled at the new shape. However, in the years since, it has healed asymmetrically, looks deformed in photographs, and looks a bit operated because of the crookedness. I will be getting revision rhinoplasty shortly. In retrospect, I would have gone to a qualified doctor who focused on noses and vetted them with only that in mind. That is the best advice I can give anyone else on here looking to have this surgery in particular. Many surgeons can do the procedure safely with average results, but it is a very difficult procedure to do well. I believe the surgeon I used is very talented, but the nose job was not great. Also, I think second surgeries are quite common with nose jobs. In my opinion, this is another reason it is so important to pick a surgeon who excels in nose work.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I had rhinoplasty 12 years ago with Dr. Bradley, so I do not feel my review should carry too much weight since that is a long time to improve. At that time, he was at UPMC in Pittsburgh probably beginning his career. The rhinoplasty was a vast improvement from my original nose but not a great nose job. It healed extremely asymmetrical with a hanging columella and a visible upside down "V" on the bridge. A second rhinoplasty was needed.

I couldn't agree with you more about choosing your surgeon carefully! Thank you for posting your experience on RealSelf. Do you have photos you'd be comfortable sharing with us?