Nose Job - Pittsburgh, PA

I have been wanting a nose job for a long time...

I have been wanting a nose job for a long time now, and I finally decided to get one. Since the beginning of high school I have been really self conscious of my big nose. I am seventeen years old and will be going through the surgery during my summer break before senior year. I am a little nervous about the recovery period, and am also worried about breaking out and being really swollen. I don't have acne anymore but I was put on antibiotics as well as Retin A many months ago, and still am on both. I was wondering if I need to stop taking my antibiotics before surgery as my doctor never mentioned anything about it. I just can't wait to have the cast off and feel like a better, more confidence version of myself.

How exciting for you! It sounds like your parents are supportive then?

Recovery itself isn't all that long. About a week until you feel mostly normal. But the residual swelling can last for a while.

Be sure to ask your doctor about the antibiotics and Retin-A! Particularly the Retin-A. Here's what doctors say about stopping Retin-A before surgery. But, like I said, make sure your doc knows all of the meds you are taking.