Dr. Robert Chiu - Pittsburgh, PA

I had my surgery yesterday preformed by Dr. Chiu....

I had my surgery yesterday preformed by Dr. Chiu. I am pleasantly surprised how well that I am doing. Being today is the first day after surgery my only complaint is the packing in my nostrils. I had no bruising and very little swelling.

Day 3 --- I cannot believe that I waited this...

Day 3 --- I cannot believe that I waited this long to have rhinoplasty! All my life I hated my nose and the way that I looked. I'm 44 years old and the only pictures of me are my senior high school pictures. I am already loving my new face. I only wished that I had made this decision years ago but I am so happy that I found Dr. Chiu. Pictures that I have seen online days to weeks after other rhinoplasty surgeries were horrifying looking compared to what I look like at day 3. I had no bruising and just a little swollen below one eye. I highly recommend Dr. Chiu to any one considering surgery in the Pittsburgh area. Last night I finally called my dad and told him what I did and he was behind me 100% and made the comment that maybe he should have had his done years ago. Haha. Telling my mom is going to be a different story. I have plenty of time for that considering we live 900 miles away and I won't be seeing her until May. I may not even tell her and see if she notices in May on my visit to see her. Even though it is only the 3rd day I have no regrets. My husband tells me that I am more beautiful and that is ven with the nose splint on. I am excited to see the final stage. Once I am healed I will not regret picture taking anymore!
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chiu is a very caring and meticulous doctor. I am so glad I found him!

I wish I were 100% satisfied with my rhinoplasty results from Dr. Chiu/Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, I am not. He did not effectively address my primary concern with my nose. Except for my profile, the bridge looks worse than it did before the procedure. And the tip of my nose is leaning to the left! It looks like he 'put my nose back on' lop-sided. Sadly, he was not willing to 'correct' the flaw to my satisfaction and made every effort to make me feel as if I was seeing what others wouldn't. Although he touts himself as the go-to surgeon for rhinoplasty revisions?? I still have a hard time with that contradiction. I wish he would have recognized his limitations and not accepted me as a 'patient'. Also, my sense of smell has been seriously hindered since this procedure. My advice: stick with CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS for invasive procedures. Certified Cosmetic Surgeons are ideal for non-invasive procedures.
To be specific...BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS

I'm so glad your recovery is going well! The packing is uncomfortable, but so worth it in the end. We'd love to see your before and after photos!

Maybe if I can figure out how to download them I will put some up. I'm just amazed how well my recovery has been.