Profractional Laser Was Recommeded for Radiation Skin on my Chin Which Caused Bumby and Wrinkles - Pittsburgh, PA

I was told that the profractional laser treatment...

I was told that the profractional laser treatment would smooth out the skin on my chin which was bumpy and wrinkly due to radiation from having head and neck cancer. I have had two treatments and I do not see any improvement in my face. I cannot believe that since I went through cancer, tey were still only concerned with making money. I feel as though I was conned. I still have to pay for something that did not work. Maybe time for a lawyer.

Hi Ardis,

Thanks for the review. Did you peel at all? That's not fun what you are dealing with especially after having cancer, I'm so sorry. Have you seen another dermatologist? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

I not only did not get any improvement, I know...

I not only did not get any improvement, I know have the lines on my face from the laser. I showed them where I got this done and they agreed, but I am still waiting for a solution.
Hi, I am sorry for everything that has happened to you. I had the Pear Fractional 3 years ago and have been left with dots that formed lines all over my chin and upper lip. Needless to say I am very depressed. I am thinking of having a phenol peel to get rid of everything. I can't take it anymore.
I went to this place yesterday for free consult. I have some pitting scars from acne on my cheeks and some keloids on my chest.

I've been receiving 5FU injections in chest keloids to reduce the height and that has been effective. This procedure is through a different clinic and they offer fraxel laser but I've heard that that isn't as effective in treating scarring. There is place called southcoast med spa that has youtube vids of there profractional laser and the results which seem very good. After seeing this I researched and found premier plastic surgery pa. They told me that I'm a perfect candidate (how convenient) and the profac treatment + microdermabrasion would do wonders for my cheeks and chest keloids. I'm a bit skeptical since they reviews on this site are less than good and the cost is very high ($3200 for 3 treatments)

Should I go through with it? Are there other effective treatments? It seems others like the CO2 laser.

Hi steeley,

Welcome to the Profactional Laser community. As community members mention all the time and since you are skeptical you might want to consider doing a great deal more research, get a number of doctor recommendations and find someone you truly feel comfortable with and you fully trust. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks,

-Britt

Donna at Aqua Blue Spa in Upper St,Clair, Pittsburgh

Due to the cost and lack of skin improvement. It is a waste of money. Please don't do it.