Impressed - Pittsburgh, PA

45yrs young with sun damage and some freckles. I...

45yrs young with sun damage and some freckles. I was very impressed. My aesthetician Cherry at The Skin Center in Pittsburgh was fabulous. I took one look at her skin and said "I want your skin". She prescribed 4 chemical peels and 4 ipl treatments on alternating months.

I've had one of each so far. After the two treatments I've noticed a pretty big difference. Good-bye large pores, good-bye fine wrinkles hello even beautiful skin tone. This is worth it. I'm going to keep at it. I'm also a firm believer in retinae, three years.

The Skin Center

Good staff, professional experience, desired results.

Yes. Cherry has me stop about 3 or 4 days before and after. I've been reading a lot of the feedback on this website and it makes me wonder if some of the people who are having negative results are not getting treated properly. It's important to do your research about the provider as well and I think it's fair to ask how many years experience and cases an aesthetician has done. Referrals are a good sign too.

You certainly make a very good point. I once read a doctor's comment that said something along the lines of medical devices being like golf clubs in that anyone can buy one, but the skill level of the person using it is ultimately what makes the difference. I thought that was a great way to put it. Its easy to think anyone can work the machine...but as many of the reviews attest to, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree. I have an excellent, well trained RN as a technician who works for a plastic surgeon - dermatologist - board certified. IPL is not a " spa " procedure that just anyone can do. They have to be well trained in identifying skin types in comparison to the waves /intensity of light treatment applied to skin. This is a highly skilled educational process.
Use the same technician. Look at their credentials along with the MD they are working for.
I, for one, have and will never have a bad experience. Proven results and will keep going back as needed. My skin has never looked better at 49!

Great to hear you are getting such good results!

I use Retin-A also. Do you have to stop taking it for a while before you get your peels or IPL done?

Megan, Yes. Where I go, they require a week of no Retin-A prior to treatment, whether it's IPL or a peel.

Thanks Gwychess, that makes sense. Otherwise I would think your skin would probably be too sensitive.