Eyebrows and Upper Eyeliner - Pittsburgh, PA

I have very fair eyebrows but I do have eyebrow...

I have very fair eyebrows but I do have eyebrow hair. It was a real pain to put them on everyday only to have them wash or smear off later. I decided to gift myself with permanent eyebrows and threw in eyeliner too. The great thing is my eyebrows are perfect and I get compliments on them. They are super realistic because she used hairline strokes and I already had hair. The bad is my body doesn't seem to want to "hold" the eyeliner pigment. My right eye is protesting and kicks the color out in a matter of days. I will be going back to try yet again. It seems common that for some color just doesn't take or keep well for eyeliner. It's a dream to always have my eyebrows done; hopefully I'll get the eyeliner to keep on my next visit. I wish I had knew that eyeliner could be a problem.

Pittsburgh Permanent Makeup

I did an online search and was greatly impressed by Tracey's work.

I am a redhead and have blond lashes and brows. I had the tattoo done for liner and brows. It wore off after a few years and I will not go through that pain again. I use hair die on my brows and am back to applying eyeliner. I tried having the lashes dyed but it was not such an improvement so I buy the best mascara and use Latisse
There are many reasons for poor color retention with eyeliner. While not seen often, I have experienced this dilemma in my own practice. Are you on any medication? Do you use oily eye makeup remover? Do you use saline contact solution? It can also be that the tech is not reaching the correct depth for good color retention. Have you been back for your perfection visit? Ask if she can "overdo" the thickness, since liner shrinks down about 40%, it may be that you just need further thickness.
No medication, oily eye makeup remover and no saline solution as I don't wear contacts. I have had my perfection visit and I will be going back for a third appointment. My tech said that it is unusual for a dark skin person (I'm African American) to kick out black ink. My perfection visit was better but there is still work to be done. I will ask her to overdue the thickness as you've suggested.