"Getting Rid of my Muffin Top" - Pittsburgh, PA

I had debated on doing this for one year. I had...

I had debated on doing this for one year. I had consulted other doctors. One suggested a mini tummy tuck at $3500 and another suggested liposuction at $8000. I didn't want the down time of either surgery so I decided to do the Coolsculpting. I have 3 small children and really didn't have the time to recover so I thought that Coolsculpting sounded like the perfect procedure to get rid of my extra belly fat, and do it easily. No surgery, anesthesia or recovery time sounded like the perfect option.
Unfortunately, I have to say, that is not the case. I had Coolsculpting done 10 days ago and I wish I had never done it. Right now I pray that the pain and skin discomfort will stop. The procedure itself was a breeze. A little uncomfortable pressure but tolerable. The next few days I was sore and swollen, but still no big deal. The 6th day the itching and skin sensations started. I haven't slept through the night for 4 nights! The only thing that helps is icing the area down. When I do manage to get some sleep it is usually with an ice pack laying on my stomach. I can't even stand the sheet hitting my skin.
At this point I just hope I go back to normal and this pain stops.

Photos after the procedure

Slept through the night!

I slept through the night and got a good night's sleep. My skin sensitivity seems to be down this morning. Swelling also decreased. Hopefully that was the worst and it's all good from here on out!

2 weeks post procedure

No pain! Almost feel normal except stomach is still sore and slightly numb. I will post photos again in 4 weeks.

2 week

3 weeks

Feel great, still a little numb. I feel as if I don't have as large a roll over the top of my pants when I sit down. I have not changed my eating and have not started exercising. I have not gained or lost weight.

4 weeks

Skin/area feels almost normal now.

8 weeks!

I feel the Cool sculpting was very effective for me. It really smoothed out my tummy roll and made my muffin top less when I sit down (less of a roll over my jeans). However, I have a hernia now. I had an umbilical hernia 2 years ago that was repaired. I have an appointment tomorrow with a surgeon to consider a hernia repair and tummy tuck.

8 weeks

Drea at Acqua Blu Medical Spa

Where in Pittsburgh did you have it done? I'm local too and I'm in s similar situation. I have 2 small kids and no free time for recovery.
Acqua Blu Medical Spa in the South Hills. There is also one in Wexford. Drea performed the procedure. She is very professional, on time and very honest.
Ok thanks a lot. I'll check into it. The results look great, not that you needed it anyways!
I think a tummy tuck is extreme your stomach looks amazing from the side it's a brutal surgery. I would consider a couple more surgeons consults.
Can't get much flatter than that!
TT??? Where???
It is really the muscles that need repaired and I have been told a tummy tuck is the only way to do that! Trust me, I don't want to do it because of downtime and scar.
U r having a TT? The pictures do not show enough extra skin that would warrant that. But I know how pictures do not show everything. Good luck.
I really don't have extra skin. I apparently have a big diastasis which is putting me at risk for the hernias. They need to repair the muscles.
So glad you didn't listen to anyone suggesting actual surgery. You are no where near a candidate for either. I hope you are glad you chose Coolsculpting I'm considering the same I have little ones also. You look amazing keep up the good work more results to come. I have been doing a lot of research it seems to be the best option, plus exercise and eating right lol! Good Luck Momma
They suggested to me lidocaine patches??
You look wonderful
Looking good
Thank you!
Someone was aaking about prices. Someone also said they did 11 treatments! Wow! I wish i had the momey to do 3 more bc thats what i know in my head i will need to reach my goal! I paid $1500 for my lower abs. Another $1500 for my upper abs. $750 each for the bra back fat. There was a special going on.. Leave $300 down then the discount. I paid $3500 . So i would need almost $4,000 to do this again. Paying it off. Uggg! Sucks to be semi poor but i am grateful. Lol
$3525 to be exact! Next treatment is only 10% off which is like $50 its going to be hard to come up with that money
I had 11 treatments. 1 was free due to my being a volunteer for a demo. 1 I won for a valentine's giveaway. 1 I got 1/2 price for training. Many I got a buy 2 get 1 free special or buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 off. I never pay FULL price for any cosmetic procedure!
Yea for you! One of the things they do keep asking me when I go back to my cosmetic center is if I'm continuing to eat healthy & exercise, to maintain results.
I always eat healthy and maintain a regular weight, that is why that "muffin top" drove me crazy. I do need to exercise though! Just want everyone to know I am not doing anything "extra" to get good results. I am shocked that I am starting to see results!
Don't be shocked, that's what you went through this for, right? If I wasn't pleased with my 1st results, I wouldn't have done it 10 more times!
How much did it cost for ten treatments?
Please go to my review of this.
Do you or your Doctor's think the hernia could be a result of Freezing the fat? I know it sucks fat into machine,it seems like that could possibly cause hernia...very curious!
Considering this. I am doing research to c what other ppl experienced with this procedure. Please keep updated. Thanks
My doc told me no icing as well. That's so crazy how each of us experience different post treatment side effects. I'm wondering if it's the procedure or just our individual bodies. I was perfectly fine with numbing for a few days and that's it. Makes me wonder if my doc did it wrong lol. I hope not. :)