31 year old, 5'6, 110 lbs., 355cc - Sientras :) - Pittsburgh, PA

I went to Dr. Fernau for labiaplasty and a breast...

I went to Dr. Fernau for labiaplasty and a breast augmentation. I have always been self conscious about my appearance in those areas up until now. Dr. Fernau assured me that I was a great candidate for these procedures and would be well taken care of. His entire staff is extremely wonderful as well! I felt very comfortable calling the office, and especially Sheila at any given time with any questions and concerns. Not only are you their patient, but also a "friend" as well which is very comforting. I truly appreciated the fact that you aren't on a "time crunch" either. Dr. Fernau and his staff are willing to take the time to ensure that you are well informed regarding every aspect prior to surgery and post-op. Cosmetic surgery is a life altering change and I can truly say that Dr. Fernau and his staff have truly exceeded my expectations. I am beyond satisfied with choosing him as my surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

The 4-1-1 on Me & The New "Girls"!

Sooooo, I wish I would have came across this site prior to my BA! It's such a great resource and I love reading everyone's experiences. I figured that I would share a bit about myself...I've always wanted fuller breasts. I was never really happy with my anatomy up top. I always felt like they flew out to the sides and I had zero cleavage, haha

I went to a consultation about two years ago but I wasn't serious enough about it. I had a consultation with Dr. Fernau in November of 2013. I booked my surgery that day! I just buckled down and did it! I scheduled it 3 months in advance...no turning back! I'm almost 8 weeks post op, and while I'm still getting used to them and feeling like they're a "part of my body", I'm glad I did it! For the most part, I didn't have any pain, more of discomfort if anything. My biggest setback was getting out of bed. Sleeping on my back was a huge adjustment for me. I'm a bad sleeper (insomniac) as it is!

I tend to be a very anxious, perfectionist type of person...so if I could give any of you ladies out there some advice it would be - BE PATIENT with your breasts. :) At first, I definitely wasn't. I'll be the first to admit that! Plastic surgeons aren't "magicians". Although, my PS was pretty close to one, lol. :) He was willing to address or fix any concern I had. It's truly how amazing your breasts change in the following weeks after an augmentation. At first I felt like they looked like rockets! Haha They have dropped and fluffed out so much since then! So, give it time! I think (and this especially goes for myself as well) that we expect to walk out of surgery that day with 2 perfect "melons" on our chest. Everyone's anatomy and shape is different. Give your body time to adjust to them and in time, you will be happy with your results! So hang in there! It's a process! :) I will try to post pics at some point...Thanks ladies!

Pics Throughout My BA Journey.

Most of these are from my first few weeks post-op, but you can still see the changes. I haven't taken any recent ones in forever though but I do think I'm close to final results being 3 months out. :)

8 Months Post-Op

Since I've been slacking, here are a few updated pics from the past few months!

More summer pics that I forgot of the "girls"

Once again, I'm soooo glad that I had this done. I definitely have more confidence - all over! Thank you to Dr. Fernau & his lovely staff! :)

Last weekend of Summer!

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

You look great girl! So at 8 months did you feel like your boobs were still forever changing? I;m still hoping the look of mine are not done.
I sure hope they are done changing! I don't want them to get any smaller, lol How far out are you? Happy with the size, feeling good?!? You look fabulous!! :)
we probably have the same implants. I have Sientra round 355cc HP? you look great.
Thank you, as do you! :) How has your recovery been?
my recovery was ok, I did not have much pain. I am happy with my results, I don't want my boobies to change...ha ha
You look fantastic. Did your doc go under or over the muscle?
Thank you! :) I went under the muscle.
You look great! Post more updates soon!
Thank you! I will update soon! You look great as well! :) How are you feeling size wise?
I'm feeling okay about the size although I wish I went a tad bigger. The 310cc feels so nice and full and the 280cc doesn't, even though they look the same size. But recently I've been the happiest with them so hoping my feelings only get better! How about you? You liking your size!? I love your shape!
I notice a difference in my implants too. One is definitely bigger and still riding high. They should continue to soften so give it time. Best of luck!
That is soo nice your PS didn't rush you at all! I felt so rushed and thats an awful feeling for sure. LOL you are totally right we do get out of surgery hoping things to be great looking and we are sadly disappointed. Glad you are healed up and looking great lady! :D I also couldn't agree more with the sleeping! It was sooo hard on your back only and I am too an insomniac which wrecks your damn life! any tips? lol. hope you are doing good :)
I seriously asked 1,000 questions. I probably drove everyone nuts, lol When I go back for my 6 month appt., I will probably have a laundry list of questions then too! As for sleeping....sleeping on my back was rough b/c I've always been a side sleeper. The pain meds would knock me out at night, but once I didn't need those anymore, I resorted to Ambien. I take it nightly. I've been to 2 sleep doctors and no one seems to have a remedy besides sleep aids, which I hate b/c I feel so groggy the next morning. Ugh. Anxiety & lack of sleep don't mesh well! Thanks for stopping by! :)
Wow I feel you on the insomnia and anxiety! I can't believe how calm I've been throughout my BA process so far (probably because it was something I REALLY wanted). I'm one month post op and have to sleep on my back for two more months- as a side sleeper it has been extreeeemely difficult. I have to encase myself in a pillow fortress so there's no chance of rolling over, haha. Have you been doing anything for scar treatment? I had my sutures removed (inframammary crease) a week ago and applied a scar strip today- I hope they work!
Sleeping in general is just a nightmare for me - no pun intended, haha :) When you do start sleeping on your side, I felt that wearing a sports bra or cami to bed felt more comfortable as it held them in place so to speak. As far as scar treatment goes, I did use the Scar Away Silicone Strips for awhile - mainly just for irritation/rubbing from my bra though. I did light masssage as well and my surgeon offers laser treatments to remove the scars. Mine aren't too noticeable though. I just read your review. You look great! Are you happy with the outcome? :)
Do you have any new pics? I can't wait to see how they are coming along :)
I do! I just haven't posted them on here. I'll update soon! :)
They look great! :)
Post new photos please :) dying to see what they look like at almost 3 months
Congratulation is si beautiful.your implant is smoothor textured? Moderate or high profile? Thank you
Thanks! :) They are smooth, HP.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.
I would love to add your experience to the Breast Augmentation community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide throughout their journey.
Ready to add an update now? Click here to add more detail to your review to be part of the Breast Augmentation community today.